PDA

View Full Version : FS 1985 RX-7 GS

adamant
05-19-2004, 07:41 PM
1985 Mazda RX-7 GS. Two tone silver on grey cloth. 5 speed 139km. 2nd owner and stored winters.

Condition of car:

*Interior is mint.
*Wheels are as new, no corrosion.
*Body in is excellent shape, there are a few nicks and scratches and a nickel-sized chip on the front bumper. This car was originally blue, the first owner painted it silver at some point. There are a couple of minor rust spots, but not major.
*Tires are good for safety, but are not the best in the corners (I would put a better performance tire on it).
*Engine pulls hard and has good compression. No oil leaks.
*Trany shifts smooth and the clutch is fine.

Things I have done:

*New oil pan gasket.
*New oil cooler O-rings.
*Fresh front brakes (machined rotors and put new pads). I have not looked at the back drums, but they should be fine.
*Changed tranny and differential oil to synthetic.
*New tie rods (inner, outer and sleeves)
*New converter (needs air tube to pass e-test) I will fix before it is sold.
*Replace tranny mount and bracket.

Your first question is probably "Why I'm selling". Well I want to get a sport bike and I can't have two toys (or so my wife told me!. So the car must go to make way for the bike.

A brief history of the car:

A guy in Quebec purchased this car; in 1987 he moved to Ottawa and registered the car in Ontario. In 2000 he traded the car in at Performance Mazda in Ottawa. The owner of Performance Mazda was going to keep the car and drive it, but apparently he got cancer and died several months later. The car stayed in storage at Performance Mazda for two years (unplated) until the son of the now dead owner got tired of looking at the car and decided to give it to Bentley car auctions in Ottawa, I got the car from them in 2002. Since I have had the car it has only been driven in the summer to a total of 9k.

The car shows really well and drives great. It is a must see and must drive. Please go to the link below to see pictures of her. Or you can email me or call. I'm asking $4,750 CNDN or $3,600 USD (certified and e-tested) as advertised in the autotrader. I'm open to any reasonable offers or a possible trade for a VFR.

I may not have time to check this thread, so please email or call.

http://photos.yahoo.com/mtenorio10

Adam
[email protected]
Toronto, Ontario Canada
416-899-1421