PDA

View Full Version : My engine is SMOKING!!

kompleks
07-14-2004, 04:39 AM
so I start up my car after the long summer and it begins to smoke 7-10 minutes after I initially started it. The smoke is clear adn is coming from behind the turbo. I'm guessing it's coolant but I don't know where the coolant line is behind the turbo. Anyways, this is freaking me out....and I don't really know all that much about cars. Help please?

btw, I have a 87 turbo 2. Any form of help would be GREATLY apprciated.

Hollywood
07-14-2004, 06:25 AM
is it the original motor? if so just swap a new one in

AusTexRex
07-14-2004, 08:54 PM
What exactly is clear smoke? It sounds like you're seeing heat in the air to me... unless you can describe this smoke further.

kompleks
07-14-2004, 10:11 PM
^white smoke...

and hollywood, why would I just swap a new one in when I can just fix this problem? If money grew on trees, believe me, I would've already thought of that.

kompleks
07-14-2004, 10:22 PM
^white smoke...

and hollywood, why would I just swap a new one in when I can just fix this problem? If money grew on trees, believe me, I would've already thought of that.

black rocket
07-14-2004, 11:10 PM
^white smoke...

Well unless you can fix the coolant seal without dismantling your motor, you have no other way but to rebuild your motor or swap.

That's my suggestion to you.

I didn't read it from the beginning... sry. Turbo has oil and coolant to cool it off. ck the coolant connection to and from turbo. And see.

But again, if there's "white smoke" coming from your exhaust, it's a coolant seal in your motor.

How many miles you got?

Jinx
09-30-2004, 12:25 AM
Check the small two bolt gasket from the engine to the top of the turbo. I just had to order a new one for a friends car that I am working on. If it's leaking go to your Mazda dealership and order part # N386-13-535. It should come out to $4.04. If that isn't it, start saving for a rebuild.

DarkAngelKamui
09-30-2004, 01:43 PM
Check the small two bolt gasket from the engine to the top of the turbo. I just had to order a new one for a friends car that I am working on. If it's leaking go to your Mazda dealership and order part # N386-13-535. It should come out to $4.04. If that isn't it, start saving for a rebuild.

Thanx for that, btw :D

And yeah, ditto on what everyone said...