PDA

View Full Version : Just curious

zebatov
05-15-2009, 10:17 AM
I just read that the RENESIS only puts out 10% of emissions the 13b did at idle and 15% while driving. I'm guessing this means better mileage as well. Is there a way to make a 20b RENESIS? Would that be practical if so? Another question, the RENESIS only makes around 160 ft/lb torque. And I've read a lot that you can really feel the lack of torque. If the 20b RENESIS isn't practical or possible, what's the best way to boost that torque to about 300 ft/lb?

ruddyrid
05-29-2009, 08:22 PM
best way i think to get a substantial increase in torque is getting a greddy turbo kit, if i remember correctly i think they have the best torque output. but just getting a turbo on there will be quite enough for most ppl.
and about the 20B Renesis its possible but dont expect ant type of good gas mileage and or good emissions, ur not an engineer.

zebatov
05-31-2009, 10:31 PM
No, I'm not. But Forcefed Racing down the street works on them all the time. I'm just wondering if there'll be an increase in gas mileage with a 20b RENESIS. The 20B-REW gets about 10-12 mpg so I figured if the RENESIS only makes 15% of the 13bs emmissions, even with adding a rotor, it should still do better than the 20B-REW.