PDA

View Full Version : 1990 convert w/13bnon turbo

cproff85
06-17-2009, 04:07 PM
I'm new to rx, the orginal drive train was turbo/auto somewhere a 13b standard was installed. rotary sound good and runs good while in throttle but surges when i try to cruise at slower speeds. I replaced plugs changed all fluids. Can anybody give me an idea where to start. Also the actuators on passenger side have been wired open. what's up with that.

cproff85
01-18-2010, 12:45 AM
anti-freeze coming out of overflow tank, replaced thermo and radiator cap still overflowing like cap isn't holding pressure in, any suggestions?::cool:

WordySanchez
01-21-2010, 11:41 PM
I'd put a pressure gauge on the radiator cap opening. For one thing you're guaranteed it'll hold pressure, for another you can watch to see if pressure is surging.

Actuators being wired open isn't killing you, but probably robbing you of a small amount of low end torque. Can't imagine it causing your low-speed surging though, never heard of it causing that.

Also, FYI unless you have a Japanese cabrio your car didn't come with a 13bt, so that 13b might be original or it might be a replacement but the car came with originally w/ a NA motor.

Also, auto trannies have been notorious for overheating motors, and premature engine death is way more common w/ autos over manuals.