PDA

View Full Version : 1992 RX7 Newb Questions

Jubei
07-02-2009, 08:11 PM
Hey all, first post!

Basically friend is selling his 3rd gen RX7 1992. He says that the engine was redone about 7k ago so in theory it should be sweet.. after reading through lots of forums and guides though i know that the engine is a dodgy area on the RX7 so a just a few questions really :)

I know when looking at the engine what i really need to do is check the oil for water and check the coolant for oil. Also read that bubbles are a bad thing will be checking around turbo for oil leakage aswell.
The car itself has actually been taken off of the road so i wont be able to test drive it, is there anyway i can make sure that the engine is in good condition wihout taking it for a test drive? other than the above tests.
Checking the compression is a no no aswell seeing as i cant get it to a garage and know noone with a kit.
Ill be checking for smoke aswell but any tips on basic things i need to look for?

Also the engine has been flooded so wont start, i read on another site that taking out the spark plugs and cleaning them whilst leaving them out for a while so that some petrol can evaporate will solve this problem....seems like alot of work though as the spark plugs are hidden beneath lots of stuff. Is there any other way to unflood the car without doing this???
One more random question, Will a full 1994 stock exhaust fit on the 1992 model?

Cheers for any help guys sorry for being a newb!!

Jubei :)