PDA

View Full Version : where can i find a gas tank

greekkid
08-02-2009, 01:54 AM
i have an 85 that hasnt run in 18 years. but now im trying to restore it but i dont know where to get a new gas tank for it. any suggestions?

63DH8
08-28-2009, 08:54 PM
Maybe not new, but I've had pretty good luck with this:
http://car-part.com

Adara
04-17-2010, 09:48 AM
Is your weather-beaten, rusty auto gas tank leaking away all of your money? Are you tired of losing rather than using half a tank of gas? If so, our replacement car or truck fuel tank may be just the right thing for your vehicle. At 1A Auto we offer an extensive line-up of automotive gas tank and fuel tank replacements for many car, truck, and SUV models. Why perform a gas tank repair when you can buy a DOT and SAE approved replacement car or truck gas tank? Our replacement fuel tank is the best deal on the market.

Patrick
05-25-2010, 06:02 AM
The fuel tank often is not the first part of the vehicle considered when maintaining your off-road vehicle, but its positioning under the trunk area of the vehicle makes it vulnerable to dents and scrapes that can weaken its surface. Even if your vehicle is only used for street driving, wear and tear damage of the gas tank is inevitable over time. The potholes, speed bumps and construction zones can be as hard on your vehicle as off-road driving, scraping and denting your fuel tank as well. Worst of all is the winter slush, full of corrosive road salt, splashed up into the undercarriage of your vehicle with every turn of the wheels, slowly eating away at the rust resistant coating of your fuel tank. Eventually, it will weaken the surface enough to allow corrosion to begin, which as it progresses, can cause a fuel leak. When the elements have done their worst to your gas tank, and the time has come for a replacement, we offer a quality assortment of fuel tanks replacements in our user-friendly online catalog.

Patrick
05-25-2010, 06:12 AM
The fuel tank often is not the first part of the vehicle considered when maintaining your off-road vehicle, but its positioning under the trunk area of the vehicle makes it vulnerable to dents and scrapes that can weaken its surface. Even if your vehicle is only used for street driving, wear and tear damage of the gas tank is inevitable over time. The potholes, speed bumps and construction zones can be as hard on your vehicle as off-road driving, scraping and denting your fuel tank as well. Worst of all is the winter slush, full of corrosive road salt, splashed up into the undercarriage of your vehicle with every turn of the wheels, slowly eating away at the rust resistant coating of your fuel tank. Eventually, it will weaken the surface enough to allow corrosion to begin, which as it progresses, can cause a fuel leak. When the elements have done their worst to your gas tank, and the time has come for a replacement, we offer a quality assortment of fuel tanks replacements in our user-friendly online catalog.

black rocket
05-25-2010, 07:26 AM
If your tank is not rusted off I'd empty the tank and blast it clean. Then do a coating using epoxy type and you should be good and no more worry about rusty tank.

amosyuki
03-05-2011, 07:23 AM
i have an 85 that hasnt run in 18 years. but now im trying to restore it but i dont know where to get a replacement gas tank (http://www.carparts.com/Replacement-Gas-Tanks/600022134.car) for it. any suggestions?

Have you tried looking online for it? I think there are so many online stores out there. You just have to research and ask people, sites which are highly recommended always have the best services.

black rocket
03-05-2011, 07:42 AM
OK, here's formally called Victoria British Catalog. http://www.blackdragonauto.com/ I haven't seen a recent catalog but, they had a lot of 1st gen parts. Might want to try them.

BoostedFC
03-06-2011, 05:22 AM
Have you tried looking online for it? I think there are so many online stores out there. You just have to research and ask people, sites which are highly recommended always have the best services.

You do realize that you are quoting & responding to a post made in Aug. of 2009! I would hope he would have found a tank by now. :D

black rocket
03-06-2011, 08:13 AM
You do realize that you are quoting & responding to a post made in Aug. of 2009! I would hope he would have found a tank by now. :D

LMAO. I thought I'd have a clean getaway... yep, I noticed that after I posted.

I could've deleted but figured some can use the info for the catalog! Heh

BoostedFC
03-06-2011, 05:24 PM
You are right the someone could always do a search & find this thread so the info is handy. I just thought since Amosyuki directly asked & quoted the OP's post from 2009 I would let him know the possibility of a response from him isn't likely.

black rocket
03-06-2011, 06:51 PM
LOL, yep you're right.