PDA

View Full Version : In need of some answers

Brian fc/si
09-07-2009, 10:16 PM
Whats up guys, My name is Brian and I’m new to rx7club and new to RX7’s in general. I’m coming from a strong Honda background, but I came across of a FC vert that I just couldn’t pass up. The FC is in rather good condition , but it doesn’t come with the motor or trans. I’m doing as much research as possible, so please don’t flame me in asking these questions.

1. I plan on doing a turbo II swap, the parts included with the motor and trans. Are the ecu, harness, ac compressor, alternator, intake manifol, PS pump, starter, throttle body, turbo manifold, fuel rail, injectors, and turbo….
Will there be any other miscellaneous parts I’ll need?
I am using this link http://www.rx7club.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26647 for info, but need to know what these are
TID, what is this and will it come with the swap I buy?
Turbo boost sensor( strut tower ) Is this needed ?
Solenoid resistor that should come with the swap correct?
Turbo accelerator cable. Will that come with the swap as well, if not will the na one work?

2. If I use the RB rev2 exhaust system will the boost creep be harmful to the engine if I don’t use a boost controller, from what I’ve read the Rev2 will make you run 10-12psi and I’m aware I’ll need a fcd.
3. I know the primary injectors are 550cc , but what size is the secondary’s ?
4. Also what would be the best injector sizes to go with to get between 250-300hp

5. Does the convertible rx7’s come with a factory LSD?

6. And finally, can anyone post a vacuum line diagram bc I wont know what goes to what.

In doing what I posted will I be able to reach my goal of 250-300hp? If not what else should I do?

Sorry for the noobish questions, but I promise over time I will become a valuable member the this forum. I just got to get out of the Honda mindset I’m currently in.