PDA

View Full Version : Need some help :)

The Rx7 Devil
09-08-2009, 10:50 PM
Hey guys, so i just got a 86 Mazda Rx7, but it had no engine. My cousin suggested to put a 2JZ into it (the one from the supra) but i think it will cost me a lot of money. Which would be better the 2JZ, or putting an original engine and turboing it and upgrades and shit. Thanks.
-Jake

The Rx7 Devil
09-18-2009, 04:02 PM
no helpers?

91Legend
12-22-2009, 03:24 PM
Well Im new to this forum and to Rx7s (tho I so want one lol) but to the question at hand. Ive seen this swap in a savanna(Sec Gen Rx7) also a LS1 swap too. depends on money really if cheap then keep the orig wiring adn put the 13B back in it lol. was super fast put the LS1(corvett), or the
2jz-get(t) but you would have to cut the fram a little to make room,reinforce the frame, and custom fab the rear axle to handle the awesome power, and to add to that some wiring. Sorry if this shot your dream of your super powered savanna but put the orig engine (with some really greap apex seals) an just twin turbo and make it a rotory beast lol. I dont think I missed anything, if so maybe someone might fill anything in lol

1988 turbo2 rx7
01-28-2010, 08:22 PM
well u can get a s5 13b turbo jdm for 1,600 from gotjapan.com come with full wiring harness tranny pretty much everything