PDA

View Full Version : start and running issues!! plz help.

90koukifc
09-21-2009, 03:08 PM
This just started happening a few days ago. My 1990 gtu will not start nor stay running unless I have my foot on the gas pedal a little. It seems like it won't idle and if I take my foot off the gas it will stall!! Can anybody help me with this?!?

punkncat
09-21-2009, 06:45 PM
Well, I would start with the obvious stuff, like, have you changed the plugs lately, air filter, anything vacuum related come loose, cracked?

After that...it has been a while, but I seem to remember there being a small screw on the top of the intake that would make small idle adjustments?

When you put your foot in it what kind of RPM are you having to maintain for it to run?

90koukifc
09-21-2009, 09:15 PM
The car just had a recent oil change...it has a brand new K&N filter in it and its got brand new NGK plugs in it. I have to rev it to about 1500-2000 to keep it running and anything before that it'll stall. I also noticed that the car sounds like a lawn mower when its running and it didn't sound like that before.

punkncat
09-22-2009, 01:53 AM
Have you checked the plug wires to be sure they are on in the right sequence?

Good cap and button?

90koukifc
09-22-2009, 03:42 AM
Yea everything is fine...I don't get it. People are telling its the idle air control valve, others are saying its the maf. Idk what to do or believe.