PDA

View Full Version : Turbo II won't start

vmerino
10-07-2009, 10:03 PM
I just made some upgrades to my 1988 Turbo II. I installed block-off plates and eliminated the ACV & EGR. Additionally, I installed new injectors hi-impedance, 550 primary & 660 secondary, new GT35 turbo and manifold, new fuel regulator @ 30 psi, and external wastegate. Anyways, I have been trying to start it up, but seems that it is too rich in gas, that is why I replaced the fuel regulator for an external one. I have yet to install the radiator and downpipe. So, O2 sensor is not installed and thermo sensor is no reading accurately.

Before all the changes the car was starting fine.

I already checked the injectors ohms and they within the limits 12-16. The injectors wiring was also inspected and there is no ground contact.

This afternoon it did start after bringing downthe fuel pressure to about 20 psi. But then, I shutt it off to prevent it from overheating and it would not start again.

Any sugestions and assistance will be greatly appreciated.

vmerino
10-08-2009, 03:02 AM
I was able to start it up tonight. I brought the fuel pressure up to 30psi, and adjusted the air by pass valve 2 rounds counterclowise. The idle still a little rough, but I think that is because it needs the O2 sensor. I will have the downpipe done and the O2 sensor plugged and give it one more try.

Any suggestions are welcome.