PDA

View Full Version : New guy wanting some info!

jonbonazza
12-04-2009, 07:18 PM
I realize I will probably get told to search for this question, as I am sure it has been answered a million times, but I want an "up-to-date" answer, so I will make a new thread.

I currently do not own an RX7, but I am not new to cars either. I have always been a mitsu fan (I have their emblem tattooed on my shoulder for god sakes!) and specialize in DSMs (both 4G63 and 4G37). I am getting tired of working on the same ol' lifting cylinder engine platform that is oh so common and want a bit of a challenge for a change. I am considering buying a 2g RX7 and want to know what I should expect to pay. How much is a 2g rx7 worth? Kbb.com doesn't go down past 1989 in years, and the majority of 2g RX7s that go for sale in my area are in the 1986 to 1988 range, so I am seeking your guidance.

Furthermore, what should I look for in an RX7? This will be my first car that is equipped with a rotary engine, so I am not too, too familiar with them (I know the basics, but beyond that I am lost.)

I hope to gain as much knowledge as possible by browsing through these forums and I hope I don't become too much of a nuisance!

Thanks in advance!

-Jon

nate1
07-28-2010, 01:43 AM
if u want a 2nd gen get a turbo and as far as price its what ever people want to charge u. just try and find a clean one

black rocket
07-29-2010, 11:56 AM
if you're in the market for FCTII be patient due to its popularity and scarce. I would always look for a stock well maintained one. I personally stay away from modded ones. I've known some ppl p/u a really nice TII for $800 to someone offered me $12K for mine... :)