PDA

View Full Version : Question on Rotorys

91Legend
12-21-2009, 10:50 PM
Ok first dont bash but I have a V6 legend. Now I love the FCs and I was wondering making a switch to rotory is it a smart one ? Ive heard alot of problems with rotorys and what Im looking for is a reliable, fun car and I soo love the FCs. Im not an ricer lol tho I do love to go fast. Are the 13B rotorys a reliable engine I heard that you do have to replace the entire engine every once in a while and Im looking for a car to last for about 10 years or so....that saying I do push my cars but I take care of them at the same time...like routine spark plug, cables, oil, air filter(or cone for CAI) type of changes. SO I welcome all kinds of constructive input.

Thanks

p.s. who knows you guys might change me into a rotory head lol

nate1
07-28-2010, 01:41 AM
depends on how much money u have the all rx7s are very old now. so if u get one be ready to drop some cash on them. you just have to pay to play. if u got some good income go for it if not look into some thing else its no good to have a 500 hp car if it just sits in your drive way broke

black rocket
07-29-2010, 12:13 PM
Well, when you look under the hood it's quite different and that alone intimidats ppl. Parts are getting harder to find and not too cheap. Do the work yourself def will save you money.

Mind you that FCs are 20+ yr old and you must consider seriously as hoses, vac lines, and other numerous parts have seen better days and need replacing. $$$

I always tell ppl not to cut corners and do away with some POS hoses orvac lines will cost you later on so buy quality stuff rather than going to Auto Zone and get crap.

Cosmo7
08-29-2010, 09:14 AM
If u want 1 that hasn't been beat up. Buy an automatic. I had a frist gen with 245,xxx miles.and it ran great. Just becareful wat u buy