PDA

View Full Version : '88 convertible for sale in Boston

AUP
07-24-2004, 04:08 PM
1988 black convertible for sale in Boston. Loads of upgrade mods but needs work ...

The good news:
-Tokico adjustable shocks & struts
-Eibach springs
-Suspension Techniques sway bars
-Convertible top had been replaced approx. 1 year before the car was put in storage, so it's in great condition
-Body is in great overall shape
-Many new switches replaced: black box ICU, wiper switch, etc.
-Jacob Pro-Pack 1st version (note: last time I drove the car the pro pak was not hooked up. I don't know if it's still working, but it's included)
-Jacobs ignition wires
-Mind Train header, cat converter, and exhaust (installed early - may need work).

The bad news - the last time I drove the car (3 years ago):
-Engine oil pressure was low; probably needs new seals
-Electrical system needs to be researched - the car wouldn't hold a charge. Seems like the battery or alternator need help, could be a short somewhere.
- Interior seats and carpet are worn
-Exterior paint (black) has decent color but also scrathes
-Car has around 120K miles (I can confirm)

So I'm selling the car as a great candidate for a restoration job. The 'core' of the car is good, phenomenally fun to drive with the suspension mods, and the work that it requires -while there's alot of it - is pretty straightforward. I've been wanting to restore it myself but have realized I don't have the time or $$...

Because of the condition of the car I am selling it 'for parts'/'as-is' because of inspection laws. Pick up is north of Boston near the NH border.

The mod (not including the convertible top or switches) were close to $1,700 in parts when they were done, and do not have many miles on them (approx 20K, with the exception of the Mind Train exhaust).

Asking $850 given all of the mod parts.

Please email me with questions at:
[email protected]

black rocket
07-28-2004, 08:29 AM
Boston, yeh...

Too baaad it's so far.