PDA

View Full Version : 1988 Mazda 323 GTX rare, new engine, and only $3,600 OBO

srnich
02-03-2010, 12:44 PM
SOLD SOLD SOLD for $2,500

UPDATE I lowered the price on this to $2,800

1988 323 GTX approx 150k original chasis miles, located in Missoula, Montana. ***link with lots of pics at bottom*** I purchased this car about 3 years ago from the original owner. I have the original window sticker along with the owners manual and a pile or receipts for the vehicle. After about 3 months I managed to blow the headgasket due to a cracked coolant hose on the firewall side of the motor. Being a mechanic, I decided to rebuild the entire motor and add a few aftermarket parts as this was a car I intended to keep forever. The engine was rebuilt with the following parts:

-rust removed from block and a fresh coat of oem black paint applied
-micropolished crankshaft
-honed cylinder walls
-resurfaced head and flywheel
-new oem main and rod bearings
-new piston rings
-all new engine gaskets including headgasket
-all new engine seals
-new timing belt tensioners
-new remanufacturer distributor and new spark plugs
-valvecover powdercoated with oem black and topped off with corksport oil filler cap
-aftermarket Gates Racing timing belt
-Road Race Engineering 16psi ecu w/ TurboXS manual boost controller set to 15psi
-rally box intake w/ K&N drop in filter
-muffler shop straight pipe exhaust w/ resonator
-Mazdaspeed motor mount set
-Zero1000 electronic boost gauge
-Clutchmasters clutch
-also included but not installed probe/mx6 intercooler & cone filter adaptor

The engine runs great, pulls well, and only has 3k on it after the rebuild. The power mods are very close to the modified magazine project GTX which puts out 55lb-ft and 40 horsepower to the wheels over stock. The engine oil, coolant, transaxle, transfer case, and rear differential fluids were all replaced at that time. When I rebuilt this motor it was done with extreme precision/obsessive compulsive. I slaved over the solvent tank cleaning literally every single bolt and part of this motor far more than was necessary. The transmission shifts well, no grinds, and has been replaced once. The suspension and brakes feel good. The drivers seat isn't in the best condition so I installed a dark blue TenzoR bucket seat. Both the original seat and the passenger Tenzo R seat will be included with the car. The body is pretty straight with only a few minor dings. The clear coat isn't the hotteset on the roof and hood but dosen't look too bad.
Broken stuff:
-drivers side window motor plastic gear needs replaced
-manual sunroof is stripped
-interior door handles damaged/need replaced

The car has new Falken Euro Winter tires and will include a spare set of steely wheels. Spare center differential in car locking mechanism, cap and rotor, coilpack, oilfilters, and oem ecu included. This is the funnest car I've owned and never wanted to sell it but I am in a situation where I need to now. If you want a GTX with quality time (and money) put into it that won't have old car engine problems, this is it. I'm asking $2,800. I would prefer a call at (xxx) xxx-xxxx but you can also email me at [email protected]. Full engine rebuild documentation done in over 50 pictures and can be seen at : http://s650.photobucket.com/albums/uu228/nichlechner/323%20GTX%20Build/

srnich
02-12-2010, 03:43 PM
A must have collector car for any mazda enthusiast...

srnich
02-15-2010, 07:56 PM
This GTX is still for sale.

srnich
02-26-2010, 02:33 AM
bump......

srnich
03-19-2010, 01:16 PM
Hey everyone I dropped the price on this again, it's a great buy