PDA

View Full Version : upgrading to a 13bt

r-1988-j
05-13-2010, 05:00 AM
I am in the process of dropping a 13bt into a Miata, and would like some recomendations for a stand alone engine managment system. I do intend to modify the stock turbo setup but need some advice on engine and boost managment. Since its a transplant i dont want to splice the wiring harnesses together. If i am doing that much work i figure i will be better off just replacing the entire ecu with a more customizable unit.

P.S. i dont need to worry about emissions so forget all that nonsense about limiting hydrocarbon spewage xp

black rocket
05-19-2010, 07:25 PM
I am in the process of dropping a 13bt into a Miata, and would like some recomendations for a stand alone engine managment system. I do intend to modify the stock turbo setup but need some advice on engine and boost managment. Since its a transplant i dont want to splice the wiring harnesses together. If i am doing that much work i figure i will be better off just replacing the entire ecu with a more customizable unit.

P.S. i dont need to worry about emissions so forget all that nonsense about limiting hydrocarbon spewage xp

I certainly would not consider piggyback units. I read about apexi EMS that supposedly plug right into an existing harness! That sound so much simpler than my Haltech installation!

I bet your Miata would be kicking butt left & right. What are your plans for reinforcing your Miata to accommodate that extra power?