PDA

View Full Version : ram air

phillipblack
05-28-2010, 04:07 AM
Are you guys believers in ram air for a n/a's? How much psi would get doing that? i havn't thought of how to get the air from the scoop to the air filter or tho. any thoughts?

black rocket
05-28-2010, 05:43 AM
Cooler the intake air = more power gain. Only way to collect cool air is place intake in front of your rad.

nate1
07-28-2010, 01:35 AM
your best bet is to get a intake and just get a head light vet

BoostedFC
09-20-2010, 04:17 PM
Are you guys believers in ram air for a n/a's? How much psi would get doing that? i havn't thought of how to get the air from the scoop to the air filter or tho. any thoughts?

In your question about boost from a "Ram Air" set up, I would like to simply say the main benifits would be cooler air as said above. Atmospheric pressure is 14.696 (14.7) & most of the test I have seen the gains is less than .32 at WOT above 80mph. A ram air intake will allow for more air as well as cool air, but really not to create boost in your situation.

black rocket
09-21-2010, 08:18 AM
N/A is N/A... in actuality, even with, say porting, does not justify power gain with a face value. What makes ram air beneficial is the fact that it enables to harness colder air (smaller molecules) for better performance. Once small molecules, then, expand with greater mass to be ignited, thus, more power.

You are right, boostedFC! However, little gain you achieve it is still consider gain and for what you dish out it really is a good investment return as well as my first and foremost recommendation for a reliable mod.

BoostedFC
09-21-2010, 11:04 AM
Oh no doubt there is the slight gain in boost, just nothing brag about. As far as running some sort of ram air system, definately a great way of getting cooler more dense air in.