PDA

View Full Version : spec's and common problems

BKma71
08-04-2004, 02:25 AM
I'm new to rx-7 fan club but would like to find some basic things out about the fd/3rd gen. things such as 1/4 mile 0-60 weight and weight distribution gas mileage trans gearing in rearend turbo trim and a/r and any other basic info I can get. I currently own a 3rd gen supra turbo but am looking to go up a step and the 3rd gen rx-7 seems much more reasonable then a 4th gen supra. I noticed prices range from 10k-20k. I have always thought these were butiful cars and considered a 2nd gen when I got my 3rd gen supra. So what are other basic problems besides the apex seals which apear to only be from abusive drivers. I have heard of aftermarket apex seals being stronger and then I have heard that factory apex seals are as good as any. also could someone point me in the direction to some online stores for the 7's

black rocket
08-04-2004, 08:34 AM
That's one wise step up!

Rotary, IMO, is a totally different and POWER you'll soon to be aquented will be one sweet experience for you.

In addition to power and mystique charactor it seem to carry around you'll have a vehicle which only has 3 primary moving parts in the engine and comes with different types of maintenance you'll get yourself into.

At any rate, contact Atkins Rotary for your rotary needs.

marshall
08-09-2004, 08:29 PM
http://www.robrobinette.com/