PDA

View Full Version : my fc won't start...

phillipblack
06-27-2010, 06:57 AM
So here's the deal, first i changed the spark plugs to my 1987 na rx7 and accidently got the wires mixed up. but, i used logic and got them hooked up again right ( i think), so i took it for a spin. It ran great as it always does and parked it for the night. The next day i drove it to the store. about 1 hour later i tried to start it again and it flat out refused. it was turning over however. my dad thought it was out of gas but this was impossible because i put fuel in it the day before and the gague read that it was full.

It is not a battery problem. me and my dad checked the spark on both one tail and one lead coil. both sparked fine. so we figured it was a fuel problem. We changed the fuel pump with a 60 gph flow rate and a new fuel filter. It still wouldn't start. So Me and my dad took off all the black plastic air intake stuff and spreyed starting fluid directly into the rotar. It wouldn't even bark. ??

I don't get how we could sprey starting fluid into an engine that is making at least two sparks, and have it not even bark for a few seconds. Has anyone ever dealt with a problem like this? Or better yet, know the solution?

black rocket
06-27-2010, 05:42 PM
It does crank, right? it might be flooded. Take the green fuse off the box next to strut tower and try few dry crank, then put the fuse back and see if that works.

phillipblack
06-28-2010, 07:54 AM
it cranks yes. i took the green fuse out and turned it over for about 10 seconds. i stuck it back in and the car didn't do anything different then it had before. i tried that twice.

black rocket
06-30-2010, 08:55 AM
OK, have you ck'd your vac lines to see if any of them got disconnected or worn out as stock engine has miles of vac lines. Since it's difficult to locate disconnected vac line I would use handheld propane torch "Without igniting" and try to start as someone else attempt to locate vac leak by supplying fuel (propane) which narrow down to certain area for you to look.

Another possibility is, don't freak, your engine might be blown. Have your engine compression tested to see.

Also, there are so many check valves (solenoids) that may have fowled. Vac is very crucial to all cars but seems more so on rotary engine.

black rocket
06-30-2010, 08:55 AM
OK, have you ck'd your vac lines to see if any of them got disconnected or worn out as stock engine has miles of vac lines. Since it's difficult to locate disconnected vac line I would use handheld propane torch "Without igniting" and try to start as someone else attempt to locate vac leak by supplying fuel (propane) which narrow down to certain area for you to look.

Another possibility is, don't freak, your engine might be blown. Have your engine compression tested to see.

Also, there are so many check valves (solenoids) that may have fowled. Vac is very crucial to all cars but seems more so on rotary engine.

phillipblack
07-01-2010, 04:26 AM
belive it or not, one of my lead coils was going to a tailing spark plug. it gets why it ran great for 2 days, without any weird nosies, then just up and quite. Do you know why it would have ran fine for two days then quite? what is the difference between the lead and tailing plugs?

black rocket
07-01-2010, 06:58 AM
belive it or not, one of my lead coils was going to a tailing spark plug. it gets why it ran great for 2 days, without any weird nosies, then just up and quite. Do you know why it would have ran fine for two days then quite? what is the difference between the lead and tailing plugs?

Ck and see if spark plugs are correctly installed. On the side of spark plug it should have T or L. Trailing side is ones on top and leads are at the bottom. See if plugs are installed properly.

And it may have offset the ignition timing and you may have to adjust your timing.