PDA

View Full Version : Give a new member a hand please!

Damonunit
07-01-2010, 12:54 AM
So I was the owner of a 97 eagle talon. Friday it threw a rod, and now I need a new vehicle. I have about three grand to spend. I talked to a guy about an ej1 civic, and hes supposed to call me. However, I also have a guy I can sort of call my friend who is selling his 90 rx7 for 2500 it has i think 106000 miles, a new tranny and exhaust. I know he gives it a little bit of shit, but I don't think hes too hard on it. I don't wanna go through tthe same thing with my talon again, and I love RWD. I have decided that the 7 is my primary choice over the civic, but I don't wanna get ripped off. Is that alot of miles for the rotary? and what should i look for as far as famous flaws with the 13b? I will be test driving it soon, and would like to make this an addition to my list of cars, but i want a better opinion. Thank you!

black rocket
07-01-2010, 02:27 AM
Welcome to RX-7 Fourms! When you test drive be sure to ck the exhaust smoke for excessive oil or coolant leak. There's one spot that prone to rust. On the lower hatch where weather stripping meets. I'd take the car to ck for compression so you're not buying a blone engine as it would cost you $3K for rebuilt. Open the oil cap and look for sludge inside the cap, smell for coolant. Ck for non factory after market work. Look for modified parts as it usually means it's been driven hard. Other than that usual maintenance ck. Good luck!

nate1
07-28-2010, 02:04 AM
could be fun

black rocket
07-29-2010, 11:45 AM
could be fun

Either you love rotaries or you hate it...

Cosmo7
08-29-2010, 09:07 AM
Its a expansive hobby messing with rotaries. Just keep that in mind

black rocket
08-29-2010, 03:55 PM
Its a expensive hobby messing with rotaries. Just keep that in mind
Nooo What gave you an idea like that? LMAO (as bite into a dinner, pb & j sandwiich) jk