PDA

View Full Version : I have a few questions for the experts out there!

JAG
09-15-2010, 07:44 PM
Okay, first of all let me say hello to everyone.

I was a 3rd Gen RX7 enthusiast back in the late 90s, soaking up every bit of info I could on these forums, I believe it was this forum to be exact, trying to learn everything I could from the engine all the way out to the exhaust.

I'm now trying to get back into these beautiful pocket rockets now that I'm older and have more money to support my habits. :D

My questions I'm starting out with, as I know it wont be my last, is why is it that it seems that these engines dont hold up to more than maybe 60K miles before they go Kaput?!

Are there other (crate) engines out there for purchase? How is the aftermarket, oem market on these things? Are the parts still readily available?

I remember back in the day there was certain key items that ya must have when owning a 3rd Gen, and that was turbo timers, gauges to accurately measure boosts and other input outputs, downpipe, etc. etc., is there anything else that is new that I should look into?

I live here in Tennessee, what is a good asking price for a 3rd Gen thats completely factory or has little to no mods?

Okay Ill leave it at that for now. if There is anything else you guys can add please do, as I need to absorb all this knowledge back into the ol knoggin.

Thanks in advance, and Im glad to be back at the forums..

JAG

black rocket
09-15-2010, 07:57 PM
Welcome back, JAG! I'd look into fuel mgt piggy back or stand alone. I've seen FD starting @ about $6K to ungodly $$$.