PDA

View Full Version : what problems will i run in 2?

machetefunk
10-07-2010, 05:51 AM
picked up a s6 minus the engine still has the box in it (manual).found a auto 13btt s6 enigne how much truble will i run in to puting it in?i no loom is dif no probs there got it sust and starter motor sortd but i herd that i might hav truble with the flywheel?any info would be great.

black rocket
10-07-2010, 06:18 AM
I hope I'm understanding your question right. You got rolling FD chassis with manual tranny and have FD engine. What you'll need to find is ECU for automatic. Furthermore, there's 2 types of auto ECU Ca and national standard. Make sure you get the right one.

BoostedFC
10-07-2010, 06:23 AM
I'm going to take shot a this one ok. You will need to match the dash harness to the engine harness if I remember right. Also when using a lightweight flywheel you would use an auto counterweight so you should be fine there.

machetefunk
10-10-2010, 02:03 AM
i hav the loom in my fd body and ecu so i thort id just take the auto loom off the engine and put the manual 1 on it.that was going sweet till i got to the bundle under thr plenum
and its alot differnt.thinkn mayb diffrnt series?

machetefunk
10-10-2010, 02:06 AM
yea only tok the flex plate off keep the counterw8 on.goning to get aftermarket 1.other problems nw lol

machetefunk
10-10-2010, 02:09 AM
so r you sayn is possible to run the auto ecu in my ka?