PDA

View Full Version : Importing info/help

raan
12-16-2010, 03:29 AM
Hi, I am new to the forum. I have been looking at some JDM auction sites such as autotraderimports.com and have been trying to decide if it would be cheaper to buy from a company like Tiger Japanese that has already imported the car for me. The auction sites seem to have alot of fees involved, I was wonder if anyone that has done this already has any sites they used or info/ a direction to get me started. If it matters any I live in Canada

Thank you

black rocket
12-16-2010, 10:31 AM
Are you talking about Front clip purchase? If so, I haven't experienced that. But, I have purchased JDM factory rebuilt engine about 15 yrs ago for $900! I also bought Datsun SSS engine for my 510 from Japan Loooong time ago thru engine trader here in U.S. and it was very easy transaction then.

raan
12-16-2010, 08:36 PM
No im looking for a place to find a whole car over there and get it here

BoostedFC
12-18-2010, 04:48 AM
Just curious what car are you try to get? Is the car readily available where you are located, if so why not just buy one? There's a lot involved with importing a car & can be very expensive to say the least. I personally have never done this, but I know of a few guys that have.

raan
12-18-2010, 08:55 AM
thats really what i wanted to figure out is if there is away to get a car for cheaper over there and bring it here because i see ppl all the time on kijiji and even tiger japanese I mentioned before that can resell the cars for like 6800 bucks and im talking like 1992 rx7. actually ad below

http://www.tigerjapanesecars.com/details.php?id=45

BoostedFC
12-18-2010, 11:41 AM
Well if that price listed includes everything (shipping & registration) sure why not buy it. I'm sure if you called them they would be able to better assist you.

raan
12-18-2010, 08:44 PM
that car there is one already over here in canada in toronto. not the price of a car over seas

Revoked2011
01-01-2011, 12:04 AM
All the fees and importing costs would amount to much more than what they are charging. They are a company and probobly import tons of cars/parts and get a discounted rate, allowing them to then sell the cars for a reasonable price.