PDA

View Full Version : what to look for when gettin a rx7

griffin_67
12-31-2010, 03:16 PM
im looking to get my first rx7, im lookin to get a twin turbo 3rd generation, just wondering what to look for when i am buying one, i.e. bad things i should stay away from
thanks

BoostedFC
12-31-2010, 10:42 PM
Definitely look at the mileage, stay away from anything with leaks (coolant & oil), finding something stock & unmolested will help you not inherit someone's problems or poor judgments. Look for other typical used car issues. FD's are all factory twin turbo.

black rocket
01-01-2011, 07:43 AM
I, too, would look for non modded stock one for any type of vehicles. High mileage (I don't care if its hwy miles) it's still wear & tear on various components. Look at exhaust and check for smoke.

griffin_67
01-01-2011, 12:51 PM
ideal ill keep an eye out for those things, i am deffo goin to get it un modded perfur them standard anyways :)
thank you

griffin_67
01-01-2011, 01:04 PM
i did not know all FD's was twin turbo, ill let you know how the search is goin, im waiting to find the one i want, has to be perfect for me and exectly what i am lookin for!!!!

black rocket
01-02-2011, 12:53 AM
i did not know all FD's was twin turbo, ill let you know how the search is goin, im waiting to find the one i want, has to be perfect for me and exectly what i am lookin for!!!!

Yep, that's the best way to minimize headache later down the road.

BoostedFC
01-02-2011, 01:44 PM

Yep if you pop the hood & there is only one turbo looking up at you it's has been modded. FC's came single as well as the JDM FB's.