PDA

View Full Version : 88 RX7 starting problem

Duneratz00
01-08-2011, 08:04 AM
ok so ive been having problems geting my 88rx7gxlna to start ever seens winter started .its not all the time just like 20 or 40 % of the time. i think its just flooding because i can usully just pull the fuse for the fule pump and crank it and clear it out but even then it barly starts . and today i pulled in to the gas station the engine wasnt at full operating temp i shut it off for like 2 minites and then it wouldnt start again so i tried the fuse trick like 10 times luckily i had a spare battery in my car. then i pushed it to the pump and put some high octan gas in it . did the fuse trick a couple more times and then finily it just barly cranked over . i usauly run midgrade fule in it but this time i had low grade in it . and another thing it runs relly cold like it only goes about 1/8 of the way up the temp gauge i also think the starter or the battery mite be week . and it dosent realy do its cold start proses ether it just revs up to 2000rpms for like a second and then goes to 750 and if i start driving it when its not wormed up and i put it in nuterul and let it cost it will stall

black rocket
01-09-2011, 11:17 PM
First, is your FC stock? Based on stock scenario, I would ck your coils and plug wire condition. Then, I would get your inj cleaned, at least.

Also, id ck your batt cables for internal corrosion which reduces its effectiveness.