PDA

View Full Version : 13b s4 na out of car check

Duneratz00
01-17-2011, 03:00 AM
i have a 13b s4 i bought from some guy that sead he rebuilt it so i took the exhaust manifold off to look inside it and first thing i notest is that he cut the exhaust baffles out. and i turned it to check for compression and the back roters chugs wernt quite as loud and the whole inside of the engine is coated in oil like the apex seals are just drenched in oil . it looks clean though like it was rebuilt .but i wanted to know if all that oil would afect its compresson , like if i turned it on its sides and kranked all the oil out would i hear better compresson. and is there any way i can check to see if the engine is ported .

black rocket
01-17-2011, 04:41 AM
No, its good to have it lubricated to reduce friction. Oil will not adversely affects compression, either. BTW, when you say drenched, how bad is the drench? Maybe oil nozzle or OMP was not properly functioning.

Duneratz00
01-21-2011, 02:55 AM
when i say dranched i mean theres a pudle in the bottem of the back housing and you can see a glaseing of oil on the apex seal.and the moter has been siting in my cousins garage for like a year and a half . but i think before i put it in the car im going to put the transmission on put the starter on and hook it up to a battery so i can do a compresion test .