PDA

View Full Version : help

blackms6bto
01-18-2011, 06:09 AM
i currently drive a fully bolted mazdaspeed6. ive always wanted to build a RX7... only issue with this is, i honestly dont know if i will fit in one. im 6'8 220. i havent even sat in a RX7 since i was probably 17 years old. what do you guys think.. obviously this wouldnt be my daily driver so i dont expect to be comfortable on road trips. can the seat be located any farther back than stock? thanks for any help.

black rocket
01-18-2011, 06:47 AM
You'd have to modify the location of your seat glides and be sure to reenforce it. Another word, I wouldn't just drill holes and bolt it down as I have seen before.

BoostedFC
01-18-2011, 10:53 AM
Speed6's nice I own one too. 6'8" damn man you are tall. My cousin is 6'6" but he did as Rocket has seen by purchasing a set of fixed buckets & bolting them to the floor using stationary brackets. Obviously only tall people can drive his car which counts me out at 5'5". If I remember correct his knees still hit the dash.

blackms6bto
01-20-2011, 05:48 AM
damn... so its not looking to promising. im gonna have to find one around here and sit in it i guess. if i dont build a RX7 then im probably gonna have to do a early 90s Supra with a single turbo 2jz. (much rather pull off the RX7 tho... which may either end up a boosted LS1 or a 2jz lol)

black rocket
01-20-2011, 06:14 AM
Well, I know some crazy Supra ppl with wicked rides. RX-7 is indeed harder ride to get in & out. But, overall, most of us enjoy its unique engine more than anything else. Good luck!