PDA

View Full Version : Racing Newbie

SatRoc
01-27-2011, 09:35 AM
Bought a 1st. gen competition car. She's run, and won, numerous 25 hrs. at Thunderhill. Log book shows that she's run many other NASA races. I plan to run her a few times this next season and am looking for some help.

Now about myself! I'm 71 years young and have been racing sports and formula cars for 50+ years on and off. Live in Las Vegas and am retired. Love cars and own a stable of vastly different automobiles.

Would like to find someone in the Las Vegas area that knows rotary engines. Also looking for a Sterling Nikki carb. Presently has a stock carb on her and I understand that a Sterling will make a great difference in performance. I do need to make this car competitive, so any help and or suggestions would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks for your time!

BoostedFC
01-27-2011, 05:26 PM
Well welcome to the forums & congrats on the new toy. I'm not too familiar with the tuners & builders out your way, but I'm sure someone here can point you in the right direction. Interested in your other cars as well.

SatRoc
01-27-2011, 10:03 PM
Thank you for your reply! Other cars include:

'35 Rolls Royce 20/25 Sedanca deville by Windovers
'57 Volvo PV444 (In restoration)
'74 Mercedes 280SL Euro
'74 Mercedes 350SLC Euro
'83 Trans AM 5.0L, 5 Speed (For Sale)
'95 Trans Am, LT6, 6 Speed (For Sale)
'84 Rolls Royce Silver Spur
'75 Pace Arrow Motor Home (Race car tow vehicle)
'95 Ford Explorer
'96 Mercedes C220

BoostedFC
01-28-2011, 03:11 AM
Interesting collection you have there Sir.

black rocket
01-28-2011, 06:33 AM
Welcome and I see quite a few ponies in your stable! I would like to recommend Atkins Rotary in WA or BDC Motorsports in Dalllas, TX.

Atkins Rotary has been in a rotary business since rotary hit the U.S. with thorough knowledge and BDC Motorsports does mild to radical engine modifications and he is an excellent tuner!

Good luck and let us know of your progress.

BoostedFC
01-28-2011, 05:27 PM
Steve Kan is in Texas I believe.