PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP with my Turbo 2 rx7!!

TougeGTR-33
02-16-2011, 06:20 AM
Hi guys im new here! I just got an rx7 turbo 2. I am a nissan enthusiast and im pretty mechanically inclined, So I bought a turbo 2 today and I am having problems and im not sure where to start with this rotary.

The problems. Its a stock motor with a street port (said the owner) Its breaking up sooooo bad it. Smells like fuel and just bearly putting you foot on it it sputters and such. I can drive the car but only If I find a sweet spot with the accelerator, even then it sputter alittle.

the owner said it has 550 cc primary injectors and 880cc seondary or vise versa. cant remember. Car has a s5 turbo. and I have a narrowband on the car, it just says RIIIIIIIICH lol. Is my car just super rich, or could it be something else?? i have a safc 2 on the car but ive never messed with the settings and not too familiar with it but im sure ill figure out how to change stuff. Maybe the coils? spark plugs?? Let me know what you think!!

Thanks guys!!

TougeGTR-33
02-16-2011, 07:11 AM
anyone know?

BoostedFC
02-16-2011, 02:14 PM
Well if it's ported then it's not stock to start. What year is the car? The stock injectors are 550cc, I don't know why there is need for the 880cc injectors. I mean you are only running a SAFC on a stock S5 turbo right? BTW these cars run a little rich & narrowbands are useless. Where do you smell the fuel under the hood, under the car or through the exhaust? Have you checked you plugs & wires? Are you dumping more fuel then you need. Remember FUEL / AIR / SPARK one of these are off. I'm going to assume since it's a turbo car you have a boost gauge, what boost are you running?

TougeGTR-33
02-16-2011, 05:03 PM
Its an 87. Yes stock s5 turbo. Yes I believe I am dumping way too much fuel. Im not sure where the smell is coming from but i know when Im driving down the road its horrible. Im going to check my plugs and wires and injectors today. And I dont know what boost I never let it spool its cutting too bad.

BoostedFC
02-17-2011, 02:34 AM
I'm pretty sure the 880's are too much & I have never really played with those SAFC's. Make sure when you check or change the plugs you put the right ones back in the right position.