PDA

View Full Version : just boutght an 86 rx7 gxl

Trooper55
08-17-2004, 02:47 AM
Im new to the whole rotary motors and what not i just wanted to know what i should know and if there is a like a stikey or a post i should look at to get info the car is an 86 rx 7 gxl with 101k on it tuned recently by I guess one of the best rx7 mechs out there it was owned by a mazda dearl emplyee in IL so i just kinda wanted to know what i should do to make it run longer and any little probblems that happen. Also should i ad lucuis oil additive to the car or not>?

Shaggy
08-18-2004, 03:21 AM
Got any pics for it yet???

AusTexRex
08-19-2004, 01:38 AM
Check out the FAQ and look at some other posts, this has been gone over a few times. Welcome to the boards :).
If you're having trouble I'll help find some later

black rocket
08-21-2004, 07:59 PM
Im new to the whole rotary motors and what not i just wanted to know what i should know and if there is a like a stikey or a post i should look at to get info the car is an 86 rx 7 gxl with 101k on it tuned recently by I guess one of the best rx7 mechs out there it was owned by a mazda dearl emplyee in IL so i just kinda wanted to know what i should do to make it run longer and any little probblems that happen. Also should i ad lucuis oil additive to the car or not>?

TLC and proper timely maintenance (especially oil change) are the key to maintain strong motor. Of course, that does not apply when you thrash your car! Like "see how long I can drive on red line"

Have fun.