PDA

View Full Version : looking to buy my first car

damnitsfrancis
08-19-2004, 03:36 PM
yeah guys thats right. after taking a drivers class earlier in the summer i finally recieved my certificate to take the roadtest for my license, which we all know i am going to get 8) so to cut the story short... i need to buy a first car and i barely know anything on how to look for a car, same goes for my friends. so im a bit in the dark here, i herd the auto auctions i see on tv aren't so great, but i dont know. the problem i have is that my parents dont want to pay for my car (its sad, i know) so i will end up having to pay for all of my car, and most likely most of my insurance :cry: :cry: :cry: so now i need your help on the search for my first car. after months of pleeding and annoying my mom, she finaly caved and said she would take out the bank loan for me, since im only 17 and do not have any credit yet, but only if i keep the price low...maybe about 3 to 4 tousand. so now im wondering what car can i get for that kinda money and how i should look for a car. sadly i dont believe i can afford a rx7, my dream car :(

help me out guys!

black rocket
08-20-2004, 11:24 PM
It's not the fact you can't afford rx7, it's insurance that'll kill you. I was looking into 2003 911 and I contacted my ins agent and he started laugh, usually that means I'll be payig $$$$$$ (surely it was $1,800 a year) and I'm in the 30's married with kids.

Word of advise, DO NOT get pre modded vehicle of any kind. You know the car went thru hard driving and you don't want to go into serious work done soon after you get it.

Stick with 4 seater helps a lot if you're considering ins factor. If you really want rx7, I know you do ;) go with N/A as turbo charged vehicle tends to add more $$ on your ins.

Or, better yet, list up the cars (realistically) and compare ins rate and go that route. Afterall you'll be paying similar rate until you're 26 any how.

Good luck and hope rx7 will fit into your toy budget (pmt & ins & gas & maint).

marshall
08-25-2004, 07:21 PM
Very ironic, but my first car was a 1991 Nissan 240sx. Great gas milage and very sporty fun car to drive. Since then i've owned 2 rx7's and now currently i own another 240sx. For the money, they are worth every penny. Never had major problems with them and my insurance on it was nothing. Good luck. I do not recogmend an rx7 as a first car. Do not do it. If i were you, i'd get a cheap good running gas efficient car first. Get it paid off, then save your money, but an RX7 with CASH and make it your weekend, fast car. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

Shaggy
09-22-2004, 01:25 AM
Well..Francis, have you got your car yet?