PDA

View Full Version : dyno day bust

Pgentry
06-07-2011, 02:12 PM
So im here in Wilmington area for dyno day at a local shop, it took them about 20minutes to hook up my fd, then after they got the leads " where they were supposed to go" they run me at 160 hp and 190 ft lbs.... And my graph was all over the place, so they charged me 50 bucks and sent me on my way, after sending my papers to a better known shop they told me they had def had the leads wrong, just for my knowledge where are the proper attachment points for the 13b? Maybe I can help these guys at the shop out so it doesn't happen again and next dyno day have the fd maybe take the win... Winner was an evo running at only 416/405, thanks for your time

BoostedFC
06-08-2011, 09:59 PM
I will ask a friend he is a tuner, to be honest I'm not sure. The Evo won the overall or were there classes? 415/405 are decent numbers, but would fall very short around here. Most of the dyno days I have been to have broke down classes such as 4, 6, 8 rotary if there are enough. Then of course they will have the boosted & NA classes, if there are not enough of a cars for a class they will get put into the next closest. The over all winner would be the biggest number of the day out of all the classes. Now mind you that sometimes there are not enough cars attending, so the break down would be simple FWD, AWD, RWD with NA or Boosted classes. Most of the guys I know have beater cars in the 400 range & other cars in the 600+.

Now 160hp does sound really low even for a non modded FD, so I would agree somethings is not right there.