PDA

View Full Version : clutch emergency!!!

sidewaysFC
06-09-2011, 02:56 AM
ok serious problem I was driving home to night and I went to go from 3rd to forth and I ended up in nutral with my clutch pedal on the floor . I lost most of my clutch pressure, it still moves the clutch fork a little bit but not enough to engage it and when I have sumone try to pump it up the fluid dropes very slowly.Im thinking its the clutch master cyclnder or a slow leak somwere im praying its not the pessure plate.

dutch
06-09-2011, 04:25 AM
could be the slave cylinder.
Dutch

sidewaysFC
06-09-2011, 05:27 AM
maby I think ill take all the clutch stuff off my blue car sins its just siting for now and I know all th at stuff works I realy hope its not the pressure plate I dont feel like takeing the transmission out and spending the money for a new clutch

sidewaysFC
06-09-2011, 12:44 PM
ok im looking at it here in the day light and I can put my fingers on the clutch fork and pull it tords the front of the car and it slowly moves forwerd and pushes in the slave cylinder and makes my clutch fluid wich is so dirty it looks like moter oil shoot out the reservor then when I let go it goes back and every time I press the pedal down it stayes down. so could that just mean my master cylinder or slave cylinder just failed and wount push enough pressure to engage the clutch.

dutch
06-09-2011, 01:47 PM
have you cleaned the slave and master cylinder good and then checked for leaks? usually if either go bad, you'll see fluid leaks.
Dutch

sidewaysFC
06-09-2011, 06:48 PM
I dont have any leaks but ill look at them. I was thinking I lost a seal in the master cylinder or somthing cos it looks prity old

sidewaysFC
06-09-2011, 11:11 PM
I fixed it it was the master cylinder :)

dutch
06-10-2011, 01:36 PM
BAD: your master cylinder went south!!:mad:

GOOD: you got it fixed!!:)

Dutch