PDA

View Full Version : OMFG here's a story for ya

ilostmypants_86
09-16-2004, 03:14 AM
Ok here it goes, Tonight me and my friend who drives a fd were trying to get my old exhaust off of my 89 Rx7. For some damn reason it just wouldn't come off. We tried all sorts of lube, we tried hitting it with a hammer, we tried prying it off with a screw driver, we tried pulling and jerking it as hard as we possibly could. It just wouldn't come off. We almost gave up when a crazy(but flawless) idea popped into my head. Why couldn't we just get a rope and tie it to the exhaust and then tie the other end to a big light pole or a tree or something. It was about 9:00 PM and it was already dark. People were starting to go to bed already.. I got my goofy ass out there, backed up to a steel light pole and ran behind my car real quick and did a little triple knot to try and hold the rope. The first try I started off with 0 RPMs and no slack in the rope.....my tires just spun and spun until there was smoke everywhere. I decided to back up and give it some slack and drop it from 7500 RPMs... lol. Now if any of you know what a 13B engine sounds like with no exhaust on it then you know what I'm talking about. Anyways, the next thing i heard was a pretty quiet snap(the exhaust coming off) and then all of a sudden I thought i was at Nascar LOL! I havent heard anything that loud in a loong time. I was about to get out of my car and go pick up the old exhaust...but people were already coming out of their houses to see what the hell that loud rumbling noise was. So i just went home and left it there. Tomorrow i'm gunna put on my Apexi N1 exhaust so that i can drive around without worrying about getting pulled over. Anyways I just thought that 'that' might be something interesting to add to the forums. It sure got my adrenaline pumping. Anyone have similar problems getting their exhaust off of their Rx7??

black rocket
09-17-2004, 03:00 PM
It's always a PIA to remove exhaust but, I never had that much of problem.

I often have problem with removal/installation of "rubber band" securing exhaust than anything else :(

AusTexRex
09-19-2004, 10:07 PM
I just cut the rubber bands off if they're old. Mine broke at the precat so I didnt have to use a pole or anything. though I did go to work on it with a sledge hammer to get it apart once it was off.

Shaggy
09-20-2004, 06:23 AM
Now that is funny...You should go back there and check to see if your exhaust is still tied up on that light pole.. :lol:

black rocket
09-20-2004, 06:27 AM
Now that is funny...You should go back there and check to see if your exhaust is still tied up on that light pole.. :lol:

Yeah...That'll be funny :lol:

AusTexRex
09-21-2004, 02:40 AM
I can only imagine walking out and seeing a rusted old exhaust tied to my light post and just shrugging getting in my car and leaving.
My community nazi's would go crazy.

black rocket
09-21-2004, 03:58 AM
I can only imagine walking out and seeing a rusted old exhaust tied to my light post and just shrugging getting in my car and leaving.
My community nazi's would go crazy.

LOL

Guess that's one "other" way to remove stubbon exhaust :wink:

ilostmypants_86
09-22-2004, 05:34 PM
It's funny you should say that, "go and see if it's still there" Like 10 mins after I did that, we walked back over there and there were like 10 people surrounding it like it fell from outer space. I even caught a couple of em looking straight up in the air. lol. We went back again about 30 mins later...and it was gone...along with all the ropes. New story..(this might sound a little childish...but it was funny as hell and I just HAD to do it) I just took off my stock headers last night..and I had the heat shield and everything that came off with it..we were looking for somewhere to put it all and I couldn't just leave it at my friends house that we were at. So we did a drive-by on the same house I left the exhuast at!!! My friend drove my car and I rolled down the window and chunked all the old stuff in their yard LOL!! By now they almost have a full exhaust set lol! :lol:

maico
02-13-2005, 10:56 PM
I have been driving with mine off for a year and a half after it has been street ported it sounds like all hell is breaking lose but ive never been pulled over you suck

AusTexRex
02-16-2005, 12:19 AM
You've been alive for long enough to know what punctuation is and how to use it. So use it. You suck.