PDA

View Full Version : Questions on first owning an RX7???

chase7687
01-01-2012, 10:37 AM
Hey everyone. I'm new to the RX7 community and just had a few questions on owning a FB for the first time. The main thing im wanting to know is the mechanical work on the 1.1 rotary. I currently own a 91 Civic Si and have done most of the work on it myself. So i understand the workings of a motor but im unfamiliar with rotarys. I've found a pretty good 83 with low miles. What should be the main things i should check that usually are common to go out on these cars? Is rust a bad issue with these models? Appreciate the help if any. I hope to get one of these babies. They are beautiful machines that i will cherish for a lifetime.

BoostedFC
01-08-2012, 11:11 PM
Well consider we are talking about FB's the car will be at least 27 years old, so unless the car was properly taken care of rust may be an issue. When you go to purchase one give the car a good inspection. (frame rails, quarters, wheel wells ect.) Depending on what model you get there will be two different motor options 12A carb'd or 13B fuel injected. Mileage over a 100k & you may be looking at a rebuild. Good luck with your future purchase.