PDA

View Full Version : How much Hp?

Streetported 1st Gen!
01-28-2012, 06:58 AM
Hey guys im new to this forum. And i have a couple of questions for you. I bought this 83 first gen when i was 13. Now im 15 lol. So im in the process of fixing her up getting her ready to start driving to school. Its got a 13b swap, Street Ported, High rise intake ( Aftermarket ), 650 holley, Full exhuast dont remember the name but its a good brand, Brass Clutch, And other odds and ends. How much hp should she make? Another Q. I recently blew my diff and i wanna know whats the easiest posi differential swap i can do, BOLT ON. And also if i throw a cheap turbo on her and boost like 5 psi's . How much Hp gainage would i get. Any help or advice would be great.

Thank You.
Joey

BoostedFC
01-30-2012, 11:08 AM
I'm not going to BS you on estimated power numbers, the best thing would be to throw the car on the local dyno. Do you know if it's an early 13b four port, a 13b 6 port or a 13bt four port? Is it a mild or large street port? a\Are you sure about the Holley being a 650cfm, seems a little big for your current set up? Wasn't aware there was a high rise intake for our cars.

On the rear end are you talking about doing a swap or just a ratio change?

As for the turbo, were you planning on keeping it carb'd or changing over to fuel injecion? The size of the turbo is going to play a part on power & delivery. It's not as easy as slapping a turbo on & go.
I also noticed that you said cheap turbo, that not a good combo. Cheap generally means inferior.

Streetported 1st Gen!
02-02-2012, 01:00 PM
Okay. The 13b is a four port. Umm im planning on keeping ot carb'd. And i dont know if swaping the whole rear end out or just a ratio change? The cheaper the better. Limited slip or posi . I just want some take off gearing too race some kids at school. Don't be harsh on me lol. Its my first car and im starting to learn about these. Ohh yea i heard u have to premix the gas in these cars with 2 stroke oil? Is it true i usually put the good gas in it to perform well. Were is the oil metering pump located at?

BoostedFC
02-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Well as I don't speak about street racing I will move on to your other comments. You can do just a rear gear swap opposed to a whole new rear change. Granny's speed shop offers a whole Ford 8.8 rear kit (suspension, rear & axels ect.)

I will assume that by staying carb'd you will most likely be doing a blow through system. I personally have little experience dealing with a carb'd turbo rotary, so I will leave this to someone else.

No you don't have to premix. Your motor should have an OMP "oil metering pump" which is there to supply oil to the chamber. In the event that someone has removed the OMP then yes you will need to premix. Some people premix with the OMP & there is this form Rotary Aviation http://www.rotaryaviation.com/oil_injector_pump_adaptors.htm

The OMP is found on the front cover should have brittle lines attached to it.

Streetported 1st Gen!
02-07-2012, 02:17 AM
So you need oil being mixed with the gas. Witch means you cant run str8 gas in these motors? And im not street racing. Ill be going to a local track to run numbers and race with a few buddies. I want the car to have take off no top speed. I will take a look at the the imformation you gave me. Thank you.

BoostedFC
02-13-2012, 06:47 PM
From the factory oil is introduced to the combustion chamber by way of the OMP, there is no reason to pre mix the gas while that's still in place.

Be prepaired to spend some money, you don't want to half ass a build. In the end short changing it will result in more cost.

Streetported 1st Gen!
02-14-2012, 01:27 AM
Way too expensive on those whole rear end swaps. Im trying to spend atleast 350 for the rear end so she can run again. Would just changing the gears be less expensive?

jm1fb33
02-27-2012, 05:19 AM
get a rear from 84 to 85 gsl .... strongest rear of all the 1st gen's:)