PDA

View Full Version : How many of you are actually trying to change the world?

Jinx
10-01-2004, 07:11 PM
Ok, I was just looking at all the political dick-waving going on at the other forum, and was just wondering what any of you are doing locally to change the laws which we live under.
I, myself am involved with getting signatures to get a new a new Initiative put on the local ballot for next year.

Do any of these people realize that if they were actually doing what they could to change the cities and towns that we live in, they wouldn't have so much time to speculate over which candidate did more blow in the 70's?

Sorry, I usually don't rant, but I know that we can speak in an Intelligent fasion on THIS forum. I just think too many people don't realize that we the people of this country have the power to change things. Not wait for them to be changed for us.

Please, no flaming in this thread. Just intelligent, though out opinions please.

AusTexRex
10-02-2004, 12:25 AM
In today's society the only way to get things changed is with money.

black rocket
10-02-2004, 06:49 AM
Jinx, your precise point exactly. Based on your statement you favor republicans...

Yes, people should start working toward positive differences in community, county, state, and US.

An old method of petition... works well with organization behind it! I see too many people WAITING for charities and such.

How about work toward it? Start getting involve in your community, attend meetings, start reading public notices in your community newspaper.

Learn and participate!

That's what I can contribute toward this thread ;)

Good one Jinx !

Jinx
10-02-2004, 05:03 PM
In today's society the only way to get things changed is with money.

I wish you weren't so right on the money about that. But It's true....so true.

It's just the armchair politicians who sit around speculating about what's going to happen, instead of being proactive. Did people forget that you can show up at your Congressman's office and ask him/her your own questions and voice your concerns.

Black Rocket, I'm not really sure if I'm Democrat or Republican, but I do think that grassroots efforts can change things on a local level. Even though the Federal Gov. has the power to act on their own, regardless of what state and local laws may say and over-rule those laws. But if enough of the same laws are passed from state to state, and city to city...the Fed has no choice but to sit up and listen, and possibly reconsider it's stance.

America has become very complacent in it's choice of leaders. The majority of American citizens seem to want to leave the decisions about voting to someone else, instead of realizing that every vote counts.

But then again I could be wrong.

DarkAngelKamui
10-04-2004, 03:22 PM
But then again I could be wrong.

You aren't.... I too hear lots of bitching, but no real action towards anything, and it doesn't just cover political matters.....