PDA

View Full Version : FS: 88 RX7 Vert (Red)

djaaronp
10-07-2004, 04:15 AM
176k miles. Engine rebuilt by Mazda at 130k. Runs like a charm now. Oil changes religiously every 3k miles. Reply for more details on the car.

Asking $2500 OBO

See Pics Below!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/djaaronp/RX7/PICT0092.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/djaaronp/RX7/PICT0094.jpg
*NOTE* Rear Drivers-Side lug nut cover is gone. Dont know what happened to it. :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/djaaronp/RX7/PICT0095.jpg
*NOTE* Top is about 2 years old and in PRISTINE condition.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/djaaronp/RX7/PICT0098.jpg
See ^^^ :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/djaaronp/RX7/PICT0099.jpg
*NOTE* Custom seats by Jim's Top Shop. Wont find any others like these anywhere

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/djaaronp/RX7/PICT0102.jpg
*NOTE* Small rust spot on both sides of the front fenders. Havent had time to fix

Enjoy

Shaggy
10-07-2004, 05:04 AM
GReat looking car for that age!! Hope you find a buyer!

djaaronp
10-07-2004, 12:56 PM
Thanks. It needs a little TLC here and there because it IS 16 years old. But all in all, I've put a lot of work into her to keep her lookin pretty good.

Canaduh
10-07-2004, 09:46 PM
Beautiful car. Good luck with the sale.

DarkAngelKamui
10-08-2004, 06:56 PM
So fresh, so clean.... :D

djaaronp
10-08-2004, 07:54 PM
Too many replies. Not enough interest.

AusTexRex
10-09-2004, 09:52 PM
We already have cars. Rebuilt by Mazda and running like a charm? Something just doesn't make sense to me, Mazda told me my oil pedestal doesn't have o-rings in it, even when I brought them the thing with the o rings still in it. "Nope, you must've put those in afterwards, the diagrams don't show any o rings."

Nice car, I'd buy the front bumper. I don't recognize that area of Austin.

djaaronp
10-11-2004, 05:16 AM
Well actually its Cedar Park.

The Mazda dealership has done a wonderful job any time I've needed their help. Sure their minimum wage workers looking at a computer screen are going to disagree when the diagram files dont show something, but the mechanics in the back know what they're doing.

Bump.

AusTexRex
10-12-2004, 04:46 AM
Did you take it to mazda south? I pass through cedar park at least once a week when I'm visint my girlfriend in Spicewood. I live in Canyon Creek myself when I'm not at Baylor.

Their parts department has always given me the same treatment as AutoZone. "sorry, that's a dealer part" "dude... it's a f-ing half inch o-ring give me the damn thing" "no, it won't work"

djaaronp
10-12-2004, 03:48 PM
I took it to the Mazda on Burnet Rd. I've gotten some interest through other means that the car is posted. If anyone is interested here, I'd really rather sell this car to a RX7 enthusiast then some other Joe Shmo.

AusTexRex
10-12-2004, 05:13 PM
Has this car been driven to Westwood High School within the past year? My girlfriend goes there, and I've seen a red vert there more than once. Hope you can sell it to someone who loves them. If it is still unsold in November you could stop by the TexasRXs meeting, I'm sure someone would buy it there.

djaaronp
10-12-2004, 05:24 PM
It has been driven to Anderson Mill Pool daily (which is on the next block) at about 6pm. But not to Westwood Highschool. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Where/when is the RX meet?

AusTexRex
10-13-2004, 01:49 AM
Really? I am a lifeguard instructor and manager at Anderson Mill and El Salido. I don't recall seeing any other rx7s in front of it except mine. Though I haven't worked there in a few months since I'm at school

djaaronp
10-13-2004, 05:15 AM
Hah, small world. I just started coaching the USS Swim team that practices there during the week. Who are you and how long have you worked there? Ive been working there off and on since I was 15 haha. Such a small world.

AusTexRex
10-13-2004, 06:58 AM
David Williams. Tall guy, shaggy hair. Teach lifeguarding, chances being if you still work there that I re-certed your cpr. I've been working there for 4 years.

djaaronp
10-13-2004, 02:29 PM
Hmm. Well I just did my recerts about a week or two ago. I've been working there since....uh....1999ish as a lifeguard/swim lesson instructor during the summer and now I work there as my second job coaching the USS team.

AusTexRex
10-13-2004, 02:43 PM
Who are you? I didn't do any recerts lately, you must've gotten Adam.

Canaduh
10-13-2004, 03:01 PM
OFFTOPIC: I can't stop laughing at that damn avatar. Its just so creepy.

djaaronp
10-13-2004, 03:57 PM
Who are you? I didn't do any recerts lately, you must've gotten Adam.

My name is Aaron Payne.

Yea, I work with Adam every day. We did the recert two weeks ago.

P.S. THE CAR IS STILL FOR SALE!!!!

AusTexRex
10-13-2004, 05:52 PM
Oh crap, you're the techno dj guy. You probably worked a lot more with my brother Ben Williams, I was starting to work more about the time you stopped working. I'm good friends with Amanda, she has a fair amount of pictures of you in her room.

I'll see what I can do to help you sell it. What's the local interest on it? I see you haven't listed it on autotrader, you should. With the condition of your car and that price you'll get someone from SA, Dallas or Houston probably, but a sale is a sale.

Why are you deciding to sell it? I can fix just about everything on these babies.

djaaronp
10-13-2004, 06:16 PM
HAHA yup, thats me, the "techno dj guy" haha. (even though I spin house, not techno, but anyway). Yea, I can fix just about anything as well.

There really isnt much local interest in the car at the moment, I had some good leads on it from Craig's List, but non of them followed through. I hadnt thought about AutoTrader, is that a free service?

I'm selling it to buy a new vehicle. I need something with a backseat/more room to put stuff. Kinda makes me sad, but I gotta start thinking about the future and I just dont make enough money to keep two cars going heh.

AusTexRex
10-13-2004, 07:59 PM
Well then sell the vert and buy a TII. I fit my entire dorm room (guitar, amp, speakers, receiver, computer, monitor etc etc. all into my TII.

I'm pretty sure autotrader is like a 25 dollar for a certain amount of time fee. I got mine of autotrader from some guy in sugarland. A lot of my friends do their car trades through it.

djaaronp
10-13-2004, 08:01 PM
I'm getting a new car. I'm sick of having to fix something at least once a week.

Plus, its difficult if not impossible to find a TII in good enough condition and stock.

But thanks though :)

AusTexRex
10-14-2004, 12:56 AM
you're telling me. It took me 2 years. Then I promptly un-stocked it. :)

Canaduh
10-14-2004, 01:10 AM
there was a nice one selling here (new paint, rims, exhaust) for 6 grand (canadian, like 5 dollars american) I should have bought it.