PDA

View Full Version : wont start please help

rx7eatnhondas
12-14-2004, 06:57 PM
I am new to this and I have a 87 TII.I was driving it down the road and all of a sudden it cut off so i try to start it and it finally starts and idles at like 500-600rpms and vibrate really bad.Now it will just crank and act like it wants to start but it wont.

Any suggestions will be great?

MODS: streetport and polish, 3mm apexi seals, and a fuel cut defender

black rocket
12-15-2004, 12:22 AM
What kind of intake, fuel mod?

rx7eatnhondas
12-15-2004, 02:29 AM
no intake and i dont know i know i have a street port fuel rail with stock injectors

rx7eatnhondas
12-15-2004, 02:31 AM
the motor was done at www.rotaryresurrection.com

black rocket
12-15-2004, 03:05 AM
pm'd ya

rx7eatnhondas
12-15-2004, 03:13 AM
thanks i will check that tomorrow and get back with you and no i was not going off i never pushed it over 5500 rpms on the normal about 4000

mavrick420
05-09-2005, 06:11 AM
I am new to this and I have a 87 TII.I was driving it down the road and all of a sudden it cut off so i try to start it and it finally starts and idles at like 500-600rpms and vibrate really bad.Now it will just crank and act like it wants to start but it wont.

Any suggestions will be great?

MODS: streetport and polish, 3mm apexi seals, and a fuel cut defender

Check compression

Canaduh
05-09-2005, 04:38 PM
Have you had anything done to it lately? Doesn't sound right that it just died for no reason, and then you started it up again, and it vibrates? have you had a new clutch put in or anything? We need more details!

FadedFD
12-31-2005, 07:49 PM
The engine might be flooded so before you go do an expensive compression test, try pulling the EGI fuse and cranking the car for about 10 seconds. After that put the EGI fuse back in and crank it again. It should start up if the engine is only a bit flooded. If that dosen't work you might want to check if your spark plugs are soaked in fuel. If so, pull all 4 plugs out and the EGI fuse. Crank it for 10 seconds with a rag about an inch or two from the spark plug holes and put in a set of new plugs and the EGI fuse back in. Crank again and it should work. If that dosen't work you have other problems other then flooding. But good luck and keep us updated on what you find.

Justin

vmerino
10-08-2009, 02:57 AM
Check the Air Flow Metter. If it goes bad it cuts off the signal to the fuel pump. Turn the ignition on and see if the fuel pump turns on. There is a yellow terminal close to the Map pressure sensor which can be jumped to activate the fuel pump. Another things to check are: fuel regulator, clogged fuel filter, TPS, plug wires. Good luck!