PDA

View Full Version : i need help

project87
01-06-2005, 03:17 AM
i just bought an 87 n/a. i know almost nothing about rotarys and i want to hook it up. i need some tips on some easy stuff to do to it.

dub-c
01-07-2005, 09:26 AM
there is lots of stuff you can do. if you like flashy stuff, buy your self an autometer AF gauge. 4 wires and you got lights.

black rocket
01-10-2005, 05:28 PM
Well, you're going to have to be patient with n/a. But, you can always do throttle body mod, intake, exhaust, to get some quick extra ponies :)

AusTexRex
01-12-2005, 07:07 PM
If you're looking for speed you won't from the N/A without a lot of mods and a lot of money.
Avoid all autometer guages, they're pieces of shit. You don't need any guages until your car has been tuned, fully updated and even then A/F is debateably worthless. Get all of your temp guages first, the stockers are innacurate and temps are important.

13b_demon
07-04-2005, 05:48 AM
toe eliminator bushings, $40 from racing beat and make the car's handiling more predictable.

Qbansnowman
03-25-2006, 11:15 PM
Give that bitch a tune up first.... Even when you are modding your car... there are a few things that you should watch out for....

RX-7s are notorious for overheating... and for having a flooded engine.

I'd recommend what I did... Go to Advance Auto Parts... and buy a Haynes Manual for the 86-91 N/A RX-7. Then... go to your car... and read and follow the what the manual says... Start as little as learning as to brake master cylinder to the location of the gas tank... etc.. etc...

The Haynes Manual is a worthy investment...

Oh... and to be very honest with you.... You will fuck shit up... I did.

.... Shit happens. 8)

Have fun...

Then after that I say that you should slowly start looking into mods...My FC is my daily driver... and I'm still getting used to it. Learn before messing with anything.

black rocket
03-25-2006, 11:45 PM
Hayne's is alright...but, if you really want to learn about rx7 is to get a hold of Shop Manual. It's lot more than Hayne's...but, it would be an investment that you won't regret.

All in actuality, you'll need to drain all the fluids(brake, gear oil, coolant engine oil) and then replace filters (fuel, air) and ck and replace old vac hoses/fuel lines to gain optimal performance ready to be tuned ;)

Make sure to replenish fluids that you drained...hehe

I use Royal Purple for lubricants.