PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Gen questions

cdameworth
01-17-2005, 04:39 PM
I have a friend thats a huge 3rd gen supra fan. He claims that it is the fastest most reliable car you can buy for that price range. My question is in looking for something to run around in, is an 3rd gen rx-7 a car that is going to be reliable? Is it something that is fairly easy to work on? Can it keep up with or beat a mkIII supra? Thanks

cdameworth
01-17-2005, 04:39 PM
Sorry not mkIII, mkIV.

fdeeznuts
01-17-2005, 07:38 PM
the search button is your friend.

AusTexRex
01-26-2005, 03:24 AM
Supras are highway queens, they can't hang from a stop, or on anything with turns. A 3rd Gen rx7 would be a better all around car, and with some modifications you will burn him on the highway just the same.
Careful though, most Supra owners brake boost, which is horrible for your car, don't let your friend talk you into doing it.

dRuNk-mEdIc
02-23-2005, 04:01 AM
Supras are wonderful cars the 2JZ-GTE engine is almost or nearly bullet-proof. There are chances that you may brake boost, but you gotta be careful. To tell you the truth Supras are heavy, traction is horrible, handling is not so hot, and finally the parts are expensive. An Rx7 could rip it up if its properly tuned. The question for you is how much money do you have, how much do you want to put into it, is it going to be a daily driver etc ? Correct me if I'm wrong :) .

Dont get me wrong Supras are monsters when tuned :)