PDA

View Full Version : Buying 1990 TII

Canaduh
02-24-2005, 11:04 PM
Just want to say hi to everyone, i know i havn't posted in a long time, i have just been reading the forums, not alot of activity, and my posts seemed more annoying then helpful. Anyways.

Im going to take a look at a 1990 TII On Saturday, Guy says there is no rust, And 100 000kms (Canada not sure how many miles that is) Anyways, i just thought i'd ask around and see what i should be looking at. I have 2 pictures of it, ill post, The biggest concern is it doesn't have a turbo. He had a TD06SH-20G In there which is an upgraded turbo from stock i believe, and it was like a week old and he blew it, apparently he had the lines messed up. And he doesn't wat to invest in another turbo. So He's selling it, and for pretty cheap. 4500$ Canadian. When i go to look at it what should i be looking for and have any tips? :D
Thanks again, ill post pictures asap.

Canaduh
02-24-2005, 11:23 PM
http://img158.exs.cx/img158/5594/rx70089kw.th.jpg
http://img158.exs.cx/img158/1254/rx70111zq.th.jpg

Canaduh
02-24-2005, 11:30 PM
sorry the pics are so CRAPPY i can't find any good image hosting sites.

Shaggy
02-25-2005, 06:23 AM
LOL nice avatar Canaduh, glad to see you back here.

Send them to me in any email. I will post them up here for ya. PM me if you watn me to send you my email. I do not want to post it here.. ;)

black rocket
02-25-2005, 07:11 AM
Yeah, likewise!

I'd do the compression test and see if it's OK... Turbo can be rebuilt ;)

And ck for rust on body...especially under the hatch glass seal.

Ck transmission to see if it's been maintained properly.

And remember...this FC has been MODDED = hard ridden. So, inspect it well.

You know, Canaduh... it's all depends what you want or going to do.
Meaning, buying for the complete package? or good "project" car.

Good luck...and glad you're back!

BTW, if you get that FC we can't give you a bad time about you not owning a rotry anymore :(

Canaduh
02-25-2005, 08:20 PM
Mwaahhaaha, that was the plan! Yeah, he said he hasn't raced it, the only real mod's on the car is mostly for looks. But he has put a huge blowoff valve, and had a big turbo on there for all of a day, and it must have run like crap if the lines were messed up. Anyways, thanks for the comments guys, ill be sure to take my time while looking at it.

Shaggy- Haha, thanks man, i had a laugh with my avatar as well. I sent you a PM

Black rocket - Yeah if i get it, im sure im going to be using it for transportation, but every saturday go try to find someone to race or seomthing, maybe take it to the track someday too, who knows! Ill make sure to take a look around the frame and stuff too. He said avsolutely no rust, its been garaged for 3 years. Driven only on weekends, which again makes me believe he raced it... Anyways, im gonna go, illt alk to you guys later :D

Canaduh
02-28-2005, 04:48 PM
Well took a look at it yestrerday, Its in immaculate condition. No rust anywhere. And the guy was very upstraight about everything, he has papers from everything. The car has never been winter driven and the first owner didn't even drive it in rain, and it shows. He said the only place he has ever seen rust in was the wheel wells, and I looked and there was almost nothing. Anyways, he's giving me the turbo he ruined as well, im sure i can get it rebuilt. All the manifolds and everything he had shipped from Japan. The body is immaculate, besides the hood, there is 2 minor dents in it, but thats nothing im worried about. Anyways, Ill post some pictures when its in the garage. Im very happy with the conditioon of the car, and the price at which he sold it. He just had it street ported and polished, and the engine is fresh from a rebuild, only 900kms ago. engine looks brand new as well. Anyways ill let you guys know whats going on. :D

Canaduh
02-28-2005, 05:01 PM
I forgot to mention it comes with PowerFC. at least 1000$ right there.

AusTexRex
02-28-2005, 10:44 PM
PFC is indeed a nice bonus, if you can handle it's sketchiness and random bugs.

Canaduh
03-01-2005, 12:41 AM
Nice to see ya AusTex. I was just wondering what other seats would fit in the rx7 seat rails without doing any/much work. If there isn't anything nice, ill probably rip the stockrails out. Was just wondering if any of you knew.

AusTexRex
03-01-2005, 06:31 AM
Any seats that physically fit into the car and fit onto the rails. Using a steel plate (steel to ensure your safety) you can make an adapter plate that covers the entire bottom of the seat and fit the rails correctly.

black rocket
03-01-2005, 04:16 PM
Sounds like you've got yourself an FC!

Congrats!

Canaduh
03-01-2005, 10:08 PM
Well i have been looking around, and io keep forgetting to tell people i have the leather interior, and they're all telling me to get that! But i already have it. Im also a tall guy, and head is brushing the roof. So theres a 2nd reason to find other seats, some that don't have as much cushion. Like the 240 seats. I've been asking around, and no one has been much help, so ill let you guys know what happens with the seats, chances are those seats will stay in there for a while anyways, unless i can find others that i won't have to do much work too, seeing as the turbo and such is going to be time consuming.

Ill also post a picture of the engine, it looks liek it came straight from the factory. Its beautiful. Later guys!

Black Rocket - Thanks man :D

Shaggy
03-02-2005, 06:42 AM
Congrats on the buy. Hope you get it running the way you want it soon!!

Canaduh
03-03-2005, 12:49 AM
I'll have pics soon! Today just cleanedf out my friends condo's garage, gonna store it there till the turbo and everything is good.

AusTexRex
03-03-2005, 09:45 AM
sweet deal

Canaduh
03-04-2005, 05:39 AM
Here's an update. Its in the garage, and its fucking sexy.

Looking around for a turbo, met a guy who is one of 2 people who rebuilds rotories in the city. Anyways im out! Ill see you guys later.

Risingstars361
03-22-2005, 08:37 AM
Im new to the rotary scene yet I fell in love after driving my friends TII. Im looking to buy or trade my car for a running (decent) FC TII. If anyone knows anyone interested and live in the L.A Area. Please email me. I will get pictures posted of my car if anyone would like to trade. I have a 94 Altima but I swaped the engine from a 95 Altima. I have a few mods done to the car like a rebuilt engine (Only 3,000 miles), 10 inch screen with dvd player, ect ect. Email me for more. Hopefully I too can own a awesome RX-7.

P.S I know I should be posting this in the new advertisment section but I couldnt find anything there and half of the time I didnt know where they were located at. Sorry for inconvienience if I caused any.

Canaduh
03-22-2005, 10:02 PM
No problem, just keep checking the classified section, and check other websites, like www.cars.com and www.autotrader.com
There are others.
Goodluck!

black rocket
03-23-2005, 02:24 AM
Good luck in finding a nice TII!

Getting harder and harder to find.

maffut
04-08-2005, 10:30 AM
hey sorry to cut into ur post and slightly off topic but... is the rx7 tII (the car hes talking about) a reliable everyday driver? modded and un-modded. not petrol wise n such. just the fact that the engine can be unreliable?

Canaduh
04-08-2005, 04:03 PM
Well, they're not so much unreliable, If you take care of your car, change the oil every 1500-3000 miles, Just make sure everythings working tip top. They are reliable cars. But, if you go and treat it with no respect, and race it all the time, redlining it constantly, just like any other motor it won't like that. All im trying to say is that if you treat it with more respect, it should Last you quite a while, with the occasional rebuild every 80000Miles or so.
Im sure i missed afew things black rocket or someone else will pick up and explain!

black rocket
04-08-2005, 04:04 PM
hey sorry to cut into ur post and slightly off topic but... is the rx7 tII (the car hes talking about) a reliable everyday driver? modded and un-modded. not petrol wise n such. just the fact that the engine can be unreliable?

Rotary engine is just as reliable or more so than piston engine...provided proper scheduled maintenance are given.