PDA

View Full Version : car doesn't start !!

jdmtuned
03-10-2005, 06:13 PM
so my car doesn't start anymore. its an 88 rx7. i check fuel, injectors, and spark plug and spark wires. has spark & fuel but still doesn't start up. It doesn't even crank. Now im thinking theres something wrong wit the starter. but im not sure. Car been sittin for about 2 1/2 months now. can someone help me out. I need get this thing running so i could paint it and get a new car.

black rocket
03-10-2005, 06:20 PM
How was it when you last shut off the car?

How did you ck your injectors, coil?

Starter won't even click? Ck'd your battery?

jdmtuned
03-10-2005, 11:26 PM
How was it when you last shut off the car?

How did you ck your injectors, coil?

Starter won't even click? Ck'd your battery?

Yea i checked everything. im thinking the starter because it doesn't even click. battery is ok..... so im not sure. maybe it might be the starter. because it doesn't even try to crank.

black rocket
03-11-2005, 01:11 AM
Possibly.

AusTexRex
03-11-2005, 02:44 AM
See if the contacts on the starter are touching. Check the starter using a multimeter. If both check out, then it is your battery or your alternator connections aren't fit correctly.

Canaduh
03-11-2005, 03:40 PM
If its the starter, hit it with a hammer, not super hard. But just enough. That fixes it sometimes. I had to replace so many starters, and then i learned this, and could have saved so much time on the others. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Goodluck!

black rocket
03-11-2005, 04:53 PM
Hey...that's the same way I FIX my 'puter LOL

Take the starter off the vehicle and take it to any of them auto parts place. They'll ck it for free.

When you hit the starter and works usually means solenoid problem.

jdmtuned
03-12-2005, 05:07 AM
ill try that. ill let u guys know how things go. thanks for the help

Canaduh
03-14-2005, 07:31 AM
Goodluck with it!

jdmtuned
03-24-2005, 04:11 PM
well hitting the starter didn't help. car is still sitting there. anyone else know whats wrong wit it. I needa get it running so i could get rid of it. we have to many cars in this house hold.

Canaduh
03-24-2005, 05:02 PM
Maybe get a new starter, wasn't that the problem with it?
Like Black rocket said, if you take it off the car, and bring it to a store, then have sopme fancy thing that checks it, It's fun to watch. But then again im easily amused =D