PDA

View Full Version : My car starts and then dies

Turbo7
04-06-2005, 01:14 PM
Just today my car, 87 TII, decided that when I try to start it it will shut-off right away.

Spark and fuel pressure are good, placing my foot on the accelarator doesn't seem to change the revs. It starts like normal then just dies...

Has anyone had similar problems?
Where should I look to fix it?

Thanks in advance.
Daniel

black rocket
04-06-2005, 03:42 PM
Tell me more in detail that recent events of your ride i.e., worked on your car, racing, any noise?

I don't think fuel cutoff as it doesn't stop immediately, if you've worked on your car you might have loose hose...etc.

Canaduh
04-06-2005, 04:33 PM
vacuum leak wouldn't just make the car shut on him like that would it?

Turbo7
04-07-2005, 12:26 AM
It is at the crash repairers, they were fixing my front bumper...
they had no problems starting it until yesterday.

They said they had changed a broken fuse and nothing else.
They've already had an auto-electrician look at it for about an hour... no luck.

AusTexRex
04-13-2005, 12:31 AM
Sounds like their new fuse may be grounded accidentally. Either that or they knocked the harness to the BAC loose.

camillebullock
05-31-2011, 05:17 AM
Changing the spark plug may not be the immediate solution for that. Are you confident enough that the new spark plug is compatible with the cylinder where it was placed?

Spark plugs are auto parts (http://www.autopartsdeal.com) that is responsible for the ignition of the engine. Whenever these spark plugs are not compatible with the cylinder, they wouldn't last resulting to a bad saprk plug.

BoostedFC
05-31-2011, 06:06 PM
I'm going to give you the benefit of a doubt okay, but you seem to be spamming. Please don't link things like that auto parts site again.

No on behalf of your post.
1. This post has been inactive for over 5 years, so I'm willing to bet the problem has been resolved if he even owns the car.
2. Rotary engines combustion chamber = rotor housing not cylinders as in a conventional piston engine.
3. The question of the correct spark plug being used should not have been an issue.