PDA

View Full Version : questions i need answered about big HP with my 93'

roachdiddy
05-19-2005, 05:55 AM
bought my rx7 lil over 2 years ago. i fully molded the pettit rear fender flairs on2 the body n put 18x13 vette wheels on the rear to put power to the ground. NOW, my question is. i want big hp and need to know the best way to make the 600+ hp mark.

I have fully built the engine so thats on lock. just need to know how far n hard i can push the rotary?? id love to send you all pics of my baby just get me ur email address. it is a beautiful car.

Psycho_Dad
05-22-2005, 10:09 AM
i believe the rule is 400hp from each rotor, so thats 800 MAX

best (only real way) to do it is,
upgrade your
injectors
ecu
turbo - gt35 or a to4e or somthing
turbo manifold
intercooler
fuel system
radiator to be safe

and thats about it, sounds easy, simple and cheap eh? go for it!

[email protected] if you wanna email me pix

good luck
cheers
Psycho_Dad

AutoXFC3S
07-03-2005, 05:35 PM
have your engine race or periphial ported have your rotors scooped for lower compresion and get a t78 or t88 get fuel comp. or something to map you fuel and air get bigger enjectors like 1600 get a fuel rail get a race shop or speed shop to make you a custom mani. for your huge turbo get a full 4" or 3.5" exhuast and go stand alone 2 thats all i can think of right now

my1stfc
07-03-2005, 10:02 PM
i agree with these guys. the only question is how reliable/streetable do you want it? a bridge port or peripheral port is gonna kill the streetabiliity/reliability.

black rocket
07-04-2005, 08:32 AM
I believe you're correct as to how reliable you want your ride to be. When you go for peripheral port streetability will decline dramatically.

As I always ask... what are you looking for mod? reliability or speed?

2ROTORMOTOR
07-04-2005, 04:13 PM

upgrade your
injectors
ecu
turbo manifold
intercooler
fuel system
radiator to be safe

good luck
cheers
Psycho_Dad

Big #'s is never cheap. And non of those turbo's will never give you 500hp not to mention 800. The upgrades you mentioned are essential for any turbo setup. As a matter of fact, those are beginner upgrades. When you want power, you are gunna have to run many custom parts. For that much power, breathing from the stock intake manifold becomes a big problem. Also custom exhaust manifold, you might even need to sump your oil. There are many things that you need besides the basics and they are plenty expensive.

black rocket
07-04-2005, 09:00 PM
Shaky (from Australia) has 2 rotor produces over 700 ponies ;)

2ROTORMOTOR
07-05-2005, 03:15 AM
yea, the guy that sells me my motor has an orange one. 650hp w/o nitrous and he has a 75shot

black rocket
07-05-2005, 07:39 AM
And...you're right! HP is not cheap. He said he dumped 70K into it.

Psycho_Dad
07-09-2005, 11:56 AM

upgrade your
injectors
ecu
turbo manifold
intercooler
fuel system
radiator to be safe

good luck
cheers
Psycho_Dad

Big #'s is never cheap. And non of those turbo's will never give you 500hp not to mention 800. The upgrades you mentioned are essential for any turbo setup. As a matter of fact, those are beginner upgrades. When you want power, you are gunna have to run many custom parts. For that much power, breathing from the stock intake manifold becomes a big problem. Also custom exhaust manifold, you might even need to sump your oil. There are many things that you need besides the basics and they are plenty expensive.

custom exhaust manifold was obvious since you needed to go single turbo, as for hp figures i was talking about flywheel hp... would a gt35 really not make 600 flywheel hp? admittedly i was jumping in a lil early their, i should have researched more... intakes custom made wouldnt be that expensive to make would they? surely its the same basic principal as making intake manifolds? or would furthur porting the housings be required?

its all about learning from the gods(u guys)

oeace
Psycho_Dad

2ROTORMOTOR
07-09-2005, 04:50 PM

upgrade your
injectors
ecu
turbo manifold
intercooler
fuel system
radiator to be safe

good luck
cheers
Psycho_Dad

custom exhaust manifold was obvious since you needed to go single turbo, as for hp figures i was talking about flywheel hp... would a gt35 really not make 600 flywheel hp? admittedly i was jumping in a lil early their, i should have researched more... intakes custom made wouldnt be that expensive to make would they? surely its the same basic principal as making intake manifolds? or would furthur porting the housings be required?

its all about learning from the gods(u guys)

oeace
Psycho_Dad

flywheel, maybe. But the thing is, that no matter how much you have flywheel,the one that counts is how much you gettin to the floor.

About the expense for a custom intake manifold. Ever tried to ask around how much is a custom exhaust manifold? When I was looking for mine, they ranged from anywhere in the higher $500's to the upper 9's someguy even quoted me $1k with 2 1/4" runners. Now, think about an intake manifold. There are people the sell the UIM, exactly like the factory one, except the ports are gasket matched, and they removed the acv and the water outlet for the turbo's. Those run about $600. So like I said, building and making power does take skill and alot of $. A gt35 turbo is small. Power will have to be in the 20-30psi for you to actually get close to 600.

Psycho_Dad
07-09-2005, 09:48 PM
yeah what you need is kiwi enginnering skill and prices, americans allways pay american $ for things

eg: i can get a decent well made turbo manifold for a 4age(4 runnner) very professionally built and all for like US$300, or i can get a manifold made for my 13brew chevron(inwhich it needs to be extra long so the turbo mounts outside the car since theirs no room in it) which other engineers think this guy should be making exhausts for f1(ie: perfect) for $US500

im getting my axles shortened and resplined for $US50 per axle

if it were me, id be getting the uim built from scratch, if their is a problem with flow, theirs enough skill out here to make it so theirs NO problem with flow for less and 500. sure it wouldnt look pretty, but their wouldnt be a better flowing intake manifold made in the southern hemisphere

sorry i diddnt know flow rates etc of a gt35, ill withdraw that statement

thanks for the info 2rotormotor, im allways learning on the run

peace
Psycho_Dad

roachdiddy
07-12-2005, 01:12 AM
my good friend own excessive autosports here in my hometown. so as far as the cost for the manifold would cost me about 300 he builds them, and full 4in mand bent exaust for around 300. the 600hp mark will cost me just under 10000 including the engine. im just worried cuz dont understand the rotary engine?? ya know.

pistonsr4pussies
07-16-2005, 02:15 PM
the easiest and most reliable way would be a 20b engine swap with a single turbo conversion and a bridge port. at 600 hp that 13b wont last 5 min. assuming u were to boost the 13b to hell u still have to worry about lubrication remember on a rotary you have to deal with centrifical force the more rpms the more oil pressure you need to lube the engine. than you have to worry about cooling fuel octane housing warpage and amillion other head aches from my experiance 400 to 450 is the safest and most reliable hp #s for the street

2ROTORMOTOR
07-23-2005, 10:24 AM
the easiest and most reliable way would be a 20b engine swap with a single turbo conversion and a bridge port. at 600 hp that 13b wont last 5 min. assuming u were to boost the 13b to hell u still have to worry about lubrication remember on a rotary you have to deal with centrifical force the more rpms the more oil pressure you need to lube the engine. than you have to worry about cooling fuel octane housing warpage and amillion other head aches from my experiance 400 to 450 is the safest and most reliable hp #s for the street

There is no need to bridgeport the 3rotor... 500hp is easily reached with stock turbos.... streetport is all you need to reach any hp goal, since you now have the added displacement..

wanna be
08-07-2005, 05:00 AM
hey man, I found a stock 93 rx7 w/ 59,000 miles for $12,900. Is that a good price?

2ROTORMOTOR
08-07-2005, 08:17 AM
hey man, I found a stock 93 rx7 w/ 59,000 miles for $12,900. Is that a good price?

No...

pistonsr4pussies
08-08-2005, 11:48 PM
if it isnt crashed the interior./paint/engine is good than hell yeah its a badass price

2ROTORMOTOR
08-09-2005, 03:51 AM
I can get 93's for 9 grand All day. 12 is already 94 territory.

black rocket
08-10-2005, 06:25 AM
I agree with 2rotormotor...

Besides, you might want to look for 94 instead.

iklu7ch4
01-19-2011, 11:14 PM
whats the difference between the 93 and 94's?
sorry im looking to buy this summer and am somewhat of a newbie ;P

black rocket
01-20-2011, 06:17 AM
I'm not big on FDs but I know 93s are ones to stay away from.

BoostedFC
01-21-2011, 02:54 AM
Small differences, but remember that 93's were the first FD's offered so things were changed for the better later. Even the wheels were made by another company due inferior casting.