PDA

View Full Version : LSD? Limited Slip Differential?? HELPP!!

DRFTFC3S
05-24-2005, 04:59 AM
Anyways, im a noobie here. Does my 1988 N/A Rx-7 LSD, i want to know what LSD does and why's it better to have?/ :?:

Psycho_Dad
05-24-2005, 11:12 AM
well non lsd means only 1 wheel pushes the car foward at all times, youll notice when your doing burnouts only 1 tyre smokes up... its average

an lsd on the other hand, when it feels one tyre slipping, it kicks the other tyre in to gain traction

lsds are great for launching, drifting, and burnouts, single lockers are great for boat anchors, nana cars and throwing at your ex girlfriends car

hope this is of help and makes sense

cheers
Psycho_Dad

black rocket
05-24-2005, 03:18 PM
... single lockers are great for boat anchors, nana cars and throwing at your ex girlfriends car

hope this is of help and makes sense

cheers
Psycho_Dad

LOL... :twisted:

13b_demon
07-04-2005, 05:37 AM
im pretty sure your car doesnt have a lsd if your lookin for one i would recomend a cusco 2 way

fc3s
07-04-2005, 06:46 AM
well it depends if your car is the base model, gsl, gtu, gxl.

2ROTORMOTOR
07-04-2005, 04:32 PM
I dont know where you people get that non lsd only uses one wheel. ITs simply not true. IIRC the lsd have a 60/40 power distribution, the non lsd is just less. The lsd is nice piece of mechanical wonder, and it is definately a plus to have, especially if you are pushing more than stock. But your stock rear end assuming is still good, will be able to do a burn out with both wheels, depending on the surface that you are doing it on.

For example, verts never came with lsd's, but if I launch, I leave 2 nice size patches of rubber on the ground.