PDA

View Full Version : what kind of injectors?

my1stfc
06-10-2005, 04:46 AM
hello all. so . . . i'm looking into getting new injectors for my 87 non turbo. i have about 71k on the motor, which is stock except for an intake and custom exhaust. my problem is i don't know exactly what to look for for my application. peak/hold? saturated? high or low impedance? all i know is that the injectors there now are 460cc and i'm not sure even that is right. if anyone has any suggestions or knows where i can look for the answers i need it would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance for any help.
also, aside from checking my lines and fuel filter, is there anything else i should consider when i change the injectors?

my1stfc
06-13-2005, 05:51 AM
i noticed i hadn't had any replies and was wondering if maybe i posted the question in the wrong place of if no one has had time to reply. i'm new to the site so if i mis-posted let me know so i can try again in the correct place. thx

fc3s
06-20-2005, 06:43 AM
ok here is the thing right now you dont need the injectors all you will do is make your car run richer than it is already. what you need to do is get a new ecu then get your injectors. stock injectors are good up to 8 to 9 thousand rpms. but when your putting a new ecu you are remaping your fuelsystem. what will happen when you put bigger psi injectors on you car you are pumping more fuel than air and when you hit the gas you get a puff of black smoke. when you get that puff of black smoke what you are looking at is the carbon in the fuel which means your fuel to air rarion isnt right. but when you put an ecu on and new TB and TPS on it then you can put new injectors on and youll be making your fuel to air ratio alot better. and then you will feel a big boost in performance. Hope this helps