PDA

View Full Version : Big Time Problem with my 86 N/A

airtime4010
06-17-2005, 10:56 PM
I am a new member and need help real bad with this car. Its an 86 n/a and it runs almost perfectly. The problem arises after it has been running for about 15 mins or more. The engine simply dies the same it would if I stalled it out. However on the restart it will start, revs will go to above idle then it will immediately repeat the above problem whether it is given gas or not. Earlier in the spring I drove it about 90 miles in one trip and did not experience this problem after it had done this several times previously. However this problem is becoming more and more persistant and happens every time I run it now.

Any ideas as to whats wrong and how I can fix it would be greatly appreciated. :)

fc3s
06-20-2005, 06:21 AM
well when you start your car it will go up to 3000 rpms the reson for that is because it is part of the warm up stage for the ignition. when i dies on you there could be a series of thinigs. dirty fuel injectors, clogged fuel pump, and or a malfunctioning fuel pump. first of all every 15 to 30 thousand mils you should replace your fuel filter. thats all apart of maintinance along with the fuel injectors. and iff its carburated check the fuel filter because thats what is most likely is