PDA

View Full Version : Shifter

DRFTFC3S
06-18-2005, 07:46 AM
For an 88' n/a FC, the stock shifter aren't like the modern ones rite? where u can twist off the shitfer top, and swap for another one rite? bcuz ive tried twisting it off, and it wouldn't come off. somebody got an answer? thx

fc3s
06-20-2005, 06:14 AM
yes your shift knob will twist off the problem is that there is a lock nut on there too. if you look at the bottom of your shift knob you will see a shiney silver thing that has two flat sides opposide of each other so it looks like you can grab it with a wrench. you have to turn the knob one direction and the lock nut in the opposite direction of which you are turning the shift knob. try not to hurt your self because it is on there very tight and when it breaks free be careful your wrench doesnt fly across your car and break a window or something.

DRFTFC3S
06-21-2005, 02:51 AM
thanks, what if i want to change it? can i get one w/o a lock nut w/o changing anything big?

fc3s
06-22-2005, 09:55 AM
yes you can replace the knob with no lock nut. look around on the net and you will find many billet alluminum shift knobs made specifically for the s4 and good place to go for anything is www.performancecenter.com they can help you with alot of things. what ever you do dont get a universal i got one and the little screws that hold the plastic peice in messed up my threading. so i recomend going with a billet alluminum knob