PDA

View Full Version : idle still a problem with 88 N/A

baqouba
06-25-2005, 08:10 PM
hey I posted about this before under 88 N/A w/ bad idle. Ok so I did try changing the BAC with another one I had from a different intake and still the problem isn't any better because after starting it revs up kinda high to about 2-3k and then after a few seconds drops and dies. So far I changed the BAC, fuel filter, sparkplugs and that's it. Would the sparkplug wires have any effect on this? I haven't changed those, and I don't think that they will be that much of a problem. I read on another post something about changing the pulsation dampener. Would that have anything to do with it? I did drive the car for a little while like this I just had to keep on the gas at a stop, but other than this annoying problem it runs perfect. Any other suggestions would be helpful and much appreciated. I'm almost ready to break down and take it into a mechanic here because I am stumped. Thanks

black rocket
06-26-2005, 12:27 AM
Cool avatar!

Have you ck'd your air/fuel mix? You may want to, at least, clean (or, have it cleaned) your fuel injector, as well.

And yes, spark plug wire replacement is very important as it gets old resistance gets higher.

DRFTFC3S
06-26-2005, 04:50 AM
i had the same problem a week ago, i got it fixed. turns out the air intake gasket had a leak for some reason and was letting insufficient air flow i guess and that was the cause of the start n die, start n die process. well hope this helps.

baqouba
06-26-2005, 04:22 PM
hey thanks black rocket. your avatar is cooler looking though, is that your car then? I'm painting (no rattle can job either! :P )my car today and I will pick up a set of wires and clean the injectors also. I'll check into that air intake gasket there drftfc3s. What about this pulsation dampener I've been hearing about though? What exactly does it do? Should I change it? I believe the one in there now is the original one but I am not certain. Well I've got to go to napa(No Auto Parts Available) cause there the only ones open now. Do you guys have any tips for fixing the sunroof/moonroof also? The previous owner pulled the cable out that moves it and I am thinking about putting the same one in and cleaning it up some. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

black rocket
06-26-2005, 06:22 PM
You can make adustmenttt to sunroof. Pulsation damper could also be looked at.

general_macbeth
11-25-2005, 09:15 AM
there is a warm up period of about 15 seconds before the car goes back to normal idle speed. during this period, it's normal for it to go up to 3500 rpms. since you said it goes up to about 2000 to 3000 rpms, it's possible that you simply don't have the idle up high enough.

88mazda
11-27-2005, 08:40 PM
hey i have the same problum with ide but i have no leaks any where i checked everything. i did change wires, plugs, fuel filter.And still i have no accelaration and i have to keep my foot on the gas when i am going to keep it from dieing. any suggestion. thanx