PDA

View Full Version : boat idea??

Outkast
07-05-2005, 08:06 PM
I have a 19 foot runabout with an inboard outboard setup. Now it has a bad motor and one of my friends that just replaced his engine in a TurboII said it would be neat to see what a rotary would do in boat, so he gave me the old engine from his swap. Now he said it was smoking and had lost power but was told it was rebuildable. My question is, "Does anyone know of any specility shops in Tennessee?" I have been lurking on this site for about 2 hours now and still can't find anything out thru ya'lls search. I live in Middle Tennessee now but will be moving to JC by the end of this month so either of them would be fine for me.

Plus, would this actually work? I mean right now my boat has a turbo inline 4 diesel thats rated at 165 hp. I'm willin' to try this just to say I was the first if I really am.

fc3s
07-05-2005, 10:06 PM
well i dont know how far you want to drive but up here in Indiana there is a shop www.Aimtuning.com that will rebuild the engine and also if its possible to put a jetenginen on a car then its possible to put a tii rotary in a boast. its all about how much you are willing to spend

my1stfc
07-05-2005, 10:42 PM
also, check out aerodyne industries, they have a marine applications mounting bracket for your 13b

Outkast
07-06-2005, 05:11 AM
well i dont know how far you want to drive but up here in Indiana there is a shop www.Aimtuning.com that will rebuild the engine and also if its possible to put a jetenginen on a car then its possible to put a tii rotary in a boast. its all about how much you are willing to spend

I'm not worried about the money thing cause I do almost all my own work cause I'm a Nissan tech plus the friend that gave me the old engine has a big shop in JC. I would rebuild the engine myself if I knew what to look for with it in general after I take it apart.

also, check out aerodyne industries, they have a marine applications mounting bracket for your 13b

I looked at www.aerodyne.net but couldn't find anything like that.

black rocket
07-06-2005, 06:21 AM
Atkins do rotary watercrafts, aircrafts and any other engine applicable for rotary.

They even have rotary powered lawnmower :o

So, my suggestion is to contact Atkins for your marine rotary application. They've been there and done that ;)

They also have "How to" rebuild your rotary in video and DVD.

Outkast
07-06-2005, 03:09 PM
OK need a site, cause when I search for Atkins I get alot of diet crap.

black rocket
07-06-2005, 08:18 PM
Here's the link... http://www.atkinsrotary.com/

Tell them BR sent you ;)